Upgrade OH2.5 zwave, dsmr and Opentherm not working

I have the same problem as described here, with z-wave stating ‘uninitialized’ according to the logs, while everything seams ok in papaerUI. Funny: power is updated! Zwave really isn’t running.
Also the Opentherm gateway binding, and the smart meter dsmr-binding are not working. Zwave and dsmr are on USB, but Opentherm is through the network. I have tryed to solve this myself butI keep running into dead ends because I just don’t know enough about Linux I guess. I will give all the stes I did just in case this is relevent for the solution

I am using HABIAN on a Debian laptop.
I found addons.cfg in /etc/openhab2/services but all lines in that file are commented out!
So I thought: uninstall the 2.5 binding and re-install through PaperUI. Except for the Opentherm binding I did all binding installs through PaperUI. But the uninstall-process never finishes.
Then I entered Karaf, found the bundle, stopped it by ‘bundle:stop 224’ and uninstalled ‘bundle:uninstall 224’. After this, I checked that the bundle was realy gone.
But when refreshing paperUI it was still there! So I rebooted.
After the reboot, PaperUI still thought the binding was installed, but now ‘uninstall’ resulted in the bullet getting gray and showing the word ‘Install’. After installing Zwave I finally can see the configuration for the Z-stick in PaperUI. And now I can see that the USB-port is having trouble.
The same goes for my dsmr-binding, these are on adjacent USB-ports.
I am using HABIAN which has a built-in feature to connect all USB-ports to the java-machine. But it only connects /dev/ttyAMA0 and/or /dev/ttyS0. If I remember correct, my usb ports have ‘ttyUSB0’ in their names. But I am not good anough with Linux to find out how to get the exact name or change that.
The manual gives me this command: 'udevadm info -a -p $(udevadm info -q path -n /dev/ttyUSB0)'
but that gives me all sorts of data without the word ‘zwave’ in it.
The log file tells me that USB0 is already in use (I think by dsmr???) but changing the usb setting of the Z-stick to the other option (ACM0) doesn’t help.
lsusb gives me:

Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0658:0200 Sigma Designs, Inc. Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 (ZW090) - UZB
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 005 Device 002: ID 0403:6001 Future Technology Devices International, Ltd FT232 Serial (UART) IC

Hi Guido,

I don’t know the exact location for the addons.config from the top of my head.
But when logged in in the linux, search with the command: sudo find -name “addons.config”
This should give a result where it’s located.
Open the file with a text editor like nano.
In this file I had to remove the actions for mail, in my case.

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

I think addons.config is in userdata, Stop OH before changing it.

I usually use sudo dmesg | grep tty to see what tty ports are seen by the OS.

Location of addons.config for OH install via openhabian.


I am not sure whether /dev/ttyUSB0 is your stick or /dev/ttyACM0. I would guess the USB0 one.

Sorry, I crashed openhab, and found out why after I posted. So most of my post was useless. I’ll post again if I get stuck again. Thanx for your reply.

I am so frustrated! Cannot get openhab to work properly and have my zstick working at the same time. So I think I better stop with this in install. I put in a different harddisk and start over. Hopefully that will be quicker. The only thing I really worry about now, is how to backup and restore the influx database.