Upgrade z-wave db within stable version

I know that this question has been asked and answered before in different ways but - call me stupid - none is working for me.

I am on OH 2.4 stable and will never change to an unstable or snapshot version as I am running dozens of devices and rules in an productive environment.
I bought a Fibaro walli outlet FGWOE-011 which is not recognized and is not in the supported device list which I can see within habin. But the device is in Chris Jackson’s database.

How can I import this device into my database without changing my OH version?

Only way to do that is to build the binding with the new thing included. I’ve done this for a few different items

You could update the binding or wait until tomorrow when 2.5 stable is released.

Thanks @feens . Did you post some instructions?

Thanks @Bruce_Osborne. Waiting until tomorrow seems to be a manageable space of time. There has once been a description for the migration from 2.4 to 2.5 but I can’t find it anymore …

If by this you mean rebuild the 2.4 binding, with the latest database, then this will probably work, but there are no guarantees. Depending on the device, and any code changes that may also be required, it may not allow the device to work…

ie there is more to getting the binding to support new devices than just updating the XML files.

If the device is a reasonably standard device though, then this will work - I just wanted to add a cautionary note to avoid disappointment.

Thanks Chris!

I had assumed the initial advice was to manually update the binding and there is a script to help with that. Now we just wait for 2.5 to be announced.

Would be fine for later. Do you know how to find it?

Correct, that’s the best way for now.

Yes.