Use harmony hub emulator to trigger a samsung tv binding item

Hi,

is there a way to trigger a samsung tv binding item (Power) over amazon echo using the harmony hub emulator?

I linked the emulator with the echo and i can see my self created items. But i have no clue how to trigger an item auto generated by an binding.

Greetings
web

It works with the hue emulation.
You define with the [“Lighting”] in your Sitemap which Items should be detectable by Hue Emulation.

Then you enable Pairing Mode in Hue-Emulation.
Then you let Echo scan for Home Automation Devices (sometimes 2x)
Then Alexa finds your Items.
Then you disable Pairing Mode in Hue Emulation.

What model-year is your Samsung TV and have you tested that you can turn on your TV with a normal switch item?

Only reason I ask is that the older models do not allow you to turn the TV on as the ethernet port is powered down when the TV is in standby mode.

Hi,

yes i can turn on my TV with the normal switch. I defined the hue emulation in the items file for my other items.
If i define it in the sitemap with [ “Switchable” ] the sitemap doesn´t even load in the browser.

Thanks for your help,
web

How should i define [“Lighting”] in the sitemap? I don´t get it. It doesn´t work :frowning: Every time i add [“Lighting”] in the sitemap definition the sitemap doesn´t load in the browser? Any ideas?

web

Tagging is done in .items file, not sitemap.

So this is wrong?
How can i then trigger an autogererated item? Should i delete it and create my own item?

Unfortunately, yes, that was a wrong answer. See

https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/tree/master/addons/io/org.openhab.io.hueemulation#device-tagging

Device Tagging

To expose an item on the service, apply a supported tag (which are “Lighting”, “Switchable”, “TargetTemperature”) to it. The item label will be used as the Hue device name.

Switch  TestSwitch1     "Kitchen Switch" [ "Switchable" ]
Switch  TestSwitch2     "Bathroom" [ "Lighting" ]
Dimmer  TestDimmer3     "Hallway" [ "Lighting" ]
Number  TestNumber4     "Temperature Set Point" [ "TargetTemperature" ]

AFAIK, there is no possibility to do tagging through PaperUI, so I am afraid, Your need to manually define it in an .items file.