Use heater plan value like eg. TEMPERATURE_MONDAY_1

Hi all,

I am using “openHAB 2.0.0.b4 Build #477” and “Homegear version 0.6.7-1545” with the Homematic heater valve HM-CC-RT-DN. It works fine with all the standard items like SET_TEMPERATURE, ACTUAL_TEMPERATURE or VALVE_STATE.

Number HeatCtrl_TargetTemp "Temp. Soll [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (R1) { channel="homematic:HG-HM-CC-RT-DN:homegear:MEQ1234567:4#SET_TEMPERATURE" }
Number HeatCtrl_ActualTemp "Temp. Ist [%.1f °C]" <temperature> (R1) { channel="homematic:HG-HM-CC-RT-DN:homegear:MEQ1234567:4#ACTUAL_TEMPERATURE" }
Number HeatCtrl_ValveState "Ventilstellung [%d%%]" <heating> (R1) { channel="homematic:HG-HM-CC-RT-DN:homegear:MEQ1234567:4#VALVE_STATE" }

Now I would like to add the “heating plan values” like TEMPERATURE_SATURDAY_1 or TEMPERATURE_MONDAY_1. Homegear tells me that all these values are send via channel 0:

homegear -r
families select 0 
peers list
peers select 1
config print

[...]
    Channel: 0
    {
        [TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_9]: 22 
        [TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_7]: 22 
        [TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_6]: 22 
        [TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_5]: 22 
        [TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_3]: 22 
[...]

An item entry like

Number HeatCtrl_Temp_Wednesday "Temp. [%.1f °C]" <battery> (R1) { channel="homematic:HG-HM-CC-RT-DN:homegear:MEQ1234567:0#TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_3" }

does not work. The openHAB log tells that a description could not be found for all the entries from channel 0.

2016-11-20 18:52:48.408 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_8, TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_8
2016-11-20 18:52:48.410 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|I_VALUE_EXTERN, I_VALUE_EXTERN
2016-11-20 18:52:48.412 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|P_VALUE_INTERN, P_VALUE_INTERN
**2016-11-20 18:52:48.415 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_3, TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_3**
2016-11-20 18:52:48.418 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_2, TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_2
2016-11-20 18:52:48.420 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_1, TEMPERATURE_WEDNESDAY_1
2016-11-20 18:52:48.423 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|TEMPERATUREFALL_WINDOW_OPEN, TEMPERATUREFALL_WINDOW_OPEN
2016-11-20 18:52:48.426 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|TEMPERATURE_MONDAY_10, TEMPERATURE_MONDAY_10
2016-11-20 18:52:48.428 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|ENDTIME_WEDNESDAY_9, ENDTIME_WEDNESDAY_9
2016-11-20 18:52:48.430 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|ENDTIME_WEDNESDAY_8, ENDTIME_WEDNESDAY_8
2016-11-20 18:52:48.433 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|TEMPERATURE_MONDAY_13, TEMPERATURE_MONDAY_13
2016-11-20 18:52:48.436 [INFO ] [binding.homematic.type.MetadataUtils] - Description not found for: MAINTENANCE|TEMPERATUREFALL_WINDOW_OPEN_TIME_PERIOD, TEMPERATUREFALL_WINDOW_OPEN_TIME_PERIOD

What do I need to do so that the channel 0 values will work?

Thank you in advance.
Michael

Hi Michael,

the message regarding missing descriptions is not the real reason. There are still some some missing descriptions (therefore it is only a INFO). The real reason is that no channels are defined for TEMPERATURE_X and therefore it is not possible to set values for them.
The number of possible temperatures per day is not fixed and I am not sure whether it is possible at all to define something like “dynamic channels” to set these values (what do you think, @gerrieg?) . BTW: if you add or remove times to or from the heating plan you would also have to change the definitions in openHAB.
I would prefer to define everything in one place only, so a possible solution would be to use openHAB rules with cron settings and then use SET_TEMPERATURE to set the desired temperature.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thank you for your quick answer.

As the Paper UI shows all the additional values I thought that it would be possible to use them also wthin the Basic UI. According to your explanation it does not work and I do not have to search for an error within my setup.

You are right to note that the same can be achieved by using rules and the openHAB scheduler but I was keen to see how the heater plan can be changed on base of the Basic UI.

Michael

Michael,

As the Paper UI shows all the additional values I thought that it would be possible to use them also wthin the Basic UI.

thats interesting. For my devices these values are not visible.
Maybe there is a change to configure them in the Basic UI provided that they are changeable via the rpc api. But this needs to be answered by @gerrieg.

Martin

@HMUser
Do you see channel 0 in PaperUI in the channels or in the configuration parameters? I think you see them in the configuration parameters and these can not be mapped to an item.

I also prefer to have all the logic in OH rules and let the devices dump.

@MHerbst
Which gateway are you using? A CCU or Homegear? Maybe the entries in channel 0 are only available in Homegear

I am using a CCU 2. Maybe this is the reason. Or its the different device. I have got the non IP heater valves.

Yes, I see the entries from channel 0 in the configuration parameters section but not in the channels section. So they cannot be used by an item.

Thank you for your help.

Michael