Use logentries appender for cloud logging

Hi,

I am trying to send my events to logentries which is a cloud logging service. They have a jar file which provides a logback appender.

I have tried to place in the logentries jar which contains the appender classes in the /opt/openhab/server/plugins directory, but it is not being found by the class loader. I was hoping I could just drop in the jar and make the necessary changes to logback.xml, instead of building the whole project and adding the dependency to the pom.

Any ideas?

thanks,
craig

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.logentries.logback.LogentriesAppender
at at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:501)
at at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:421)
at at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:412)
at at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:107)
at at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:358)
at at ch.qos.logback.core.util.OptionHelper.instantiateByClassNameAndParameter(OptionHelper.java:61)

I’ve not done this myself so take it with a grain of salt, but I think you might be able to do it using the classpath argument in the script that starts openHAB.

I can’t get that to work. The cp= statement just resolves to the equinox launcher jar, it’s not a list of jars for the class path. As far as I can understand, I can’t set the class path when using jar argument for java command.