Usiing MAP() for a part of a string

I assign the ntp date-time value to an Item ( copied from the demo)
DateTime Jetzt “Zeit [%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY]” {ntp=“Europe/Berlin:de_DE”}
which nicely produces “Mittwoch, 12.13.14” in the browser UI, when done in openHab 1.8

with openHAB2, I discovered that the time format is created using English day names - even with de_DE specified, but I believed that a MAP would do the trick like
DateTime Jetzt “Zeit [MAP(de.map):%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY]” {ntp=“Europe/Berlin:de_DE”}
in the items.cfg.

But it seems that I can not restrict the MAP-source-value to be that part “%1$tA” and leave the rest …
All examples of MAP I have found in internet, always add some “mapped” value at the end of the label string! Also I did not find any mentioning how to use 2 item values in ONE label string, maybe I did not search long enough.

Any help to sort that out is appreciated!

Hello, aren’t there any suggestions to the above question?

I get the same “problem”. I use the ntp-binding in openhab2, which works, but shows the day of the week in english instead of german!
Therefore I use a .map file (datum.map) in which I transform the days of the week from english to german. That really works, e.g. the day “Monday” ist now shown as “Montag”.
But now the problem: i would like the date and the time follows in one row. Like this:

Text item=DatumZeit label="[MAP(datum.map):%1$tA]" (and now date an time to follow).

This shows (e.g.) Montag. But now i like to follow “%1$td, %1$™, %$1tY” but this does not work!

How can i do that, is it possible?

Best regards.

PJH

I have my item defined as follows:

DateTime  CurrDateTime    "Datum [%1$tA, %1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY]"                        <clock>       (Astro) { channel="ntp:ntp:local:dateTime" }

But with

EXTRA_JAVA_OPTS="-Duser.language=de -Duser.country=DE"

in /etc/default/openhab2

Hello, where can i find it in ElCapitan, there is no such directory?

Thank you. Best regards. PJH

Sorry, I don’t know anything about the folder layout on Mac OS