Using Fibaro Dimmers in OH 2.3

the 1 is required for the dimmer function, thats correct.

not necessarily - I only use the unnumbered channels, and everything about those works the light as I expect them to.

I investigated the numbered channels, and they didn’t work for me how I expected (although I can’t remember the details of why now).

Whether or not I got those effects because of how I wired it I’m not sure now, but i do remember trying all the options and settling on the unnumbered version as what worked for me.

The numbered channels are from the endpoints. These will relate to the two switches in the device. The unnumbered channel is the legacy function from the root of the device. There’s no hard requirement on what this is from ZWave - quite often it is the same as endpoint 1, but also for sensors you may find that endpoint 1 is a temperature sensor, endpoint 2 is a motion sensor etc, while the root will simply contain them all. On power metered devices, sometimes you’ll find that the metering is a sum of all channels. As I say - there’s no hard rules in the standards as to what is implemented.

For these devices, I think it should be simple - endpoint 1 is switch 1, endpoint 2 is switch 2, and the unnumbered channels are also switch 1 (maybe Fibaro might change it on newer devices of course :wink: ).

Hi Guys, i cannot reset the energy usage.

I defined a switch with node2:meter_reset and it will not reset the usage.

Any thoughts?

EDIT: I had to create an item in PaperUI and link it to the Reset Channel in the Zwave thing. Is this the normal way of doing things?

You need to create the item - either in PaperUI, or in the items files. If the item file didn’t work, then probably it means you specified it incorrectly.

1 Like

OK. I created it in PaperUI and its working correctly.