Using secure lock in openhab2

Hello,
I’m currently trying to integrate my lock to openhab2.
The device is a Danalock v2 circle, z-wave enabled. I use the binding found here which currently supports security.
I’ve successfully added the thing using HABmin and linked the item to the channel, but I can’t lock/unlock the danalock from openhab.
I’m currently new to openhab, but I think it might have something to do with secure inclusion, but I don’t know how to do it.
In the logs, it says: Command class COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK not found
What am I doing wrong? What am I missing?

Thanks in advance

This probably means the device is not securely included. Did HABmin say that secure inclusion completed ok? What does the attributes section in HABmin show - does it have a tick against the security function?

It doesn’t, and I currently don’t have a clue how to do it

Exclude the device completely, then put the binding into inclusion mode, and include the lock. Check the device manual for instructions.

It’s working, thanks!

Great news - thanks for the feedback :slight_smile: .

I have a Yale Real Living Touchscreen Deadbolt. Having the same issue, get Command class COMMAND_CLASS_DOOR_LOCK not found. I have excluded and re included it few times. It always has an red x next to the “Using Security” attribute. I attached the log from when I added it last, used xml extension so I could upload. Thanks in advance.

lock_debug.xml (578.7 KB)

I was not sure if I had the right z-wave binding, so I switched openHABian to use the daily snapshot, now open openhab won’t start. I don’t want to waste anyone’s time. I’ll get this resolved and try including the lock again.

With a fresh openhabian install, I can’t run the 2.2 snapshot. Question: Is Z-Wave security included the the stable 2.1?

No.

See this thread -:

Thanks for the quick response Chris. I know there is a lot of info in that thread, being lazy, was trying to avoid reading 1600 posts :slight_smile:. I will go through it. I am guessing my best course of action is to try to get the 2.2 binding working with my openhabian 2.1 install?

For sure - there’s a lot there. The first 1/2 dozen or so messages should get you through the startup.

Well, not the 2.2 binding, but the one that is referenced in the above thread - currently this is the only security enabled binding.