UUID Help

Hi, Noob here and greatly appreciate any help. I’m using (trying to at least) get the UUID and code but don’t get how to see the folders.

I’m running it on pi headless. Have to use the ip address since openhab shortcut doesn’t reslove

did you enable ssh access for your rPi? (if i remember well, it’s disabled by default)
if yes: use a ssh client and login to your system
then: https://www.openhab.org/addons/integrations/openhabcloud/#uuid-and-secret

If you are using openHABian and have installed Samba, you can also get this info from the network shares

If OH was installed via openhabian image, ssh should be enabled.

@Pm9r33n you can use Putty to connect and see the files as Dim posted above.

Just a tip for making OH easier to work with, I recommend setting up Samba share and VSCode for creating and editing files.

2 Likes

Thank you both. I don’t see it in Samba but I was ago to go Finder – connect

Samba and VSCode was just a recommendation to make life easier when creating and editing OH files user files that can be found at etc/openhab2/ like these:

Unless you configure /etc/samba/smb.conf to allow access to /var/lib/openhab2/ and that’s not recommended, you’ll need to use another way to view/edit all other files, as you seemed to have done.:+1:

When you have time take a look at using VSCode, I think you’ll be glad you did.:wink: Also please mark the post solved by clicking the square box (lower right corner) on the post that provided the solution and edit the title to start with [Solved]. This will help others with similar issues find a quick solution.

Thanks