Vallox SE Binding

I might just do that but not in the near future. Two other projects needs to be finished first and I don’t know yet how long they’re gonna take.

Please forgive me when I ask for this again ?
3.4 will be released end of year so it’s probably the right time to get it included. I cannot imagine it’s gonna be much work on your part as it’s already working …
thanks again

2 Likes

I plan to switch to OH4 soon. Would this binding run like this under 4.0 or does it need to be recompiled?

Have now ported to OH4. The binding seems to run basically. I get only constantly, every 30 sec, the following message.

[WARN ] [.se.connection.ValloxSerialConnector] - Read buffer full. Cleaning.

@gitMiguel do you have an idea?

Haven’t tested with 4.0 and have no plans to upgrade my current setup in the near future but can you grab trace log for few minutes and send it to me? I’ll try to have a look during the weekend.

For now you can suppress that log line with logging configuration if the binding works as expected.

#Edit
@Sebastian_Neu you sure it’s working? That warning indicates that nothing is processing serial messages from the buffer. :thinking:

I have now built the binding myself in the 4.0 environment on Java 17. And it is running. Anyone who is interested is welcome to test it. I had to reboot OH once because I had problems with detecting the serial port.

org.openhab.binding.vallox-4.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I made a 4.1.0 release through marketplace.

1 Like