This simple transformation adds VAT (Value-Added Tax) to a given input amount.
Its main purpose is to conveniently let the provided profile add VAT when linking an item to a channel without requiring any configuration. However, it can also be used for display purposes only, although in this case the rate must be configured.
One use-case is to eliminate the need for any built-in VAT logic in bindings providing electricity prices, thereby reducing redundancy.
- Automatic rate according to country in openHAB regional settings (no configuration needed).
- Consolidates VAT calculation in one centralized place.
- Potentially eliminates custom VAT calculations in bindings.
- Not dependent on any online service.
- Only standard rate supported, no specialized types of VAT.
- Only one rate per country supported, no deviations for specific territories .
- Only current rate supported, no validity periods implemented yet.
- Rates are currently built in, thus add-on needs to be distributed when rates are changing.
- Initial release