Vdr binding

You can’t install a binding not mentioned as compatible to OH2 with the addons.cfg, so the message is absolutely correct. Don’t touch addons.cfg for manual installation, as it’s … manual…

Did you configure a device in services/vdr.cfg yet? I’m not sure about user/password, as I did not set any user/password in my vdr.
As Volume is a Number, you will have to link to a Number Item or at least to a Dimmer Item.
As Channel is also a Number, you will have to link this to a Number Item (and use setpoint in the sitemap to change the channel).

Dear all,

is there anyone who’d be interested in a VDR binding for openhab2 or openhab3?

I’ve created a binding for my personal use based on the original openhab 1 binding.
As my time is limited I wouldn’t invest the effort to polish it for public use if there is no interest in it.

Thanks,
Matthias

1 Like

I raise my hand! I use the binding to send messages from OH to the TV screen.

Dear @ruperts, thanks for your feedback.
Here’s a binary for openhab 2.5.x.

A thing needs to be created for each vdr. Either in PaperUI or in things file.
Thing vdr:vdr:srv “VDR” @ “Serverschrank” [ ip=“192.168.0.21”, port=6419, refresh=30 ]

Shutdown, Volume and Channel can be changed. Message and Keycode support.
Current and Next EPG entry are also available by polling.

Thanks for a short feedback if it works.

1 Like

Hello Matthias,

works perfectly: I simply stopped OH (I’m on version 2.5), exchanged the jar file (was vdr-1.15.0 before), and started OH. No other changes were necessary. Thank you!

So far working perfectly. I’m using yavdr0.6 (vdr2.2) and yavdr ansible (vdr2.4).

THANK YOU!

This was the last bit OH1 remaining in my OH2 System, so now I can check to upgrade to OH3…

Of course it would be really nice to see this binding as an official binding :wink:

Thanks for your Feedback!

I will definitely give it a try to do an official submit.
But I use a library (svdrp4j) that is not available in the common maven repositories and the whole process to get the binding ready for a pull request is quite complicated for the hobby programmer I am.

Compiled Version for oh3.
Hint for configuration: I changed configuration property name from “ip” to “host”

3 Likes

Repository containing code for current version:
https://github.com/MatthiasKlocke/openhab-addons
Enhancement request:
[vdr] New binding: replacement for openhab1 vdr binding

2 Likes

There seems to be a problem, at least with the current version for openHAB 3.4.2

See

and

for reference.

When a thing with vdr addon is active, there is an error Message in the log each time the Items list is loaded (e.g. in VS Code openhAB plugin):

[ERROR] [al.ChannelCommandDescriptionProvider] - Dynamic command description matches original command description. DynamicCommandDescriptionProvider implementations must never return the original command description. class org.openhab.core.internal.types.CommandDescriptionImpl has to be fixed.

If stopping the bundle, the errors are gone immediately.