Velbus binding

I now about the search results on google and the dead links
so i have tried to get some help help over the forum

Am 26.01.2016 um 11:05 schrieb watou:

Thatā€™s what Iā€™m trying to do! Have a great day! :slightly_smiling:

Hey,

Did you found the velbus binding? I also searching for quite soms time without any luck.

Hi,

Any news on a velbus openhab binding?
I have a velbus setup at home and I want to connect it to openhab.
Iā€™m willing to develop or extend an existing binding, but I have no knowledge of java or eclipse.
I do have perl/php programming skills.

Any help is appreciated!

Stef

For who is interested, I have create a set of perl scripts that can be used to integrate velbus in openHAB.
It will monitor the bus and push changes via the REST API to openHAB.
It also includes a webservice so you send commands from openHAB to velbus.

This is ā€˜work-in-progressā€™ and Iā€™m constantly fine tuning and adding features.
But if you want to help in beta-testing, let me know :slight_smile:

Stef

Hey Cool,
i am waiting some time to get a response, i can help beta testing
Max

I posted my code on github:

Itā€™s working for me.
For installation instructions, I have on my TODO that I try to get these scripts up-and-running in a new ubuntu installation so I can document the needed steps.
Idem for documentation, the code is not that difficult to read, but I need to write some instructions and explanation.

Iā€™m also facing a problem where an item is updated by openHAB and velserver and this is causing a loop in my software.
The problem is that I canā€™t use the REST API to update the state, I can only update the item.
But this is causing a loop :frowning:

Stef

I think I solved the loop problem.
I updated my code on github.

Stef

Great,

I seen you are using velserv to connect to the velbus, i am using it on a raspi to config my system from the beginning.

Is it possible to use my raspi velserv with your addon in openhab, with a change in the velbus.cfg??

Max

Yep, just change the config file and change the IP and/or port as needed.
In my case everything, including the mysql, is running on the same server.

If you want to try my code, donā€™t forget to update to update the ā€˜use libā€™ statement with correct directory.
I can create an install script for that if you needed.

Stef

Ok cool

Yes i will try your code but i did not understand your explanation

donā€™t forget to update to update the ā€˜use libā€™ statement with correct
directory
a script is cool but not only for me :slight_smile:

The next problem is had to learn howto Openhab i am completely newā€¦

Max

What I wanted to say is that my scripts are placed in /data/velserver. This path is hard coded in some places so if you put the scripts somewhere else, you have to update the paths in my scripts to the new location.
A quick 'grep -r /data/velserver ā€™ will show you the various places.

My scripts are working, at least for me :wink:
The next days Iā€™m going to write some documentation and clean up my code.

Stef

Hi,

Thats great news. I have a JVelbusd server running on a raspberry pi. Could anyone assist in getting openhab to work with velbus? Currently I have a working openremote installation with velbus. But it seems a bit limited so I am looking at openhab.

I am even willing to pay for the configuration.

Anyone willing to help. I have basic Linux skills but no programming or openhab skills.

I wrote some software to connect Velbus and openHAB:

Itā€™s written in perl.
I just finished configuring a PI with my software and will update the documentation this evening.
One part is a logger that scans the messages on the bus and push changes to openHAB.
The other part is a simple webservice so openHAB can send commands to the bus.

Let me know if I can help.

Stef

Cool Stef. Alvast bedankt. Ik krijg die dingen wel geconfigureerd. Gewoon
een step by step zou super zijn. Ik wil gerust helpen waar ik kan

Iā€™m trying to setup the velbus binding with openhab2.

Iā€™m new to openhab, but not to velbus.
Openhab2 is running on my synology NAS
Velserv is running on a raspberry running raspbian.

I installed the velbus binding also on the raspberry.
Iā€™m using the internal webserver and the internal database

I created the velbus items file and a basic sitemap.

Iā€™m running the logger.pl in a screen session and the webserver in another screen server.

The status of my buttons are updated in openhab2 when I press my physial buttons.
The status is also updated on page /velserver/service.pl?key=&appl=print_modules

But I canā€™t control my lights connected to a VMB4RY

I see something constantly polling for my lights and the on / off command is when i check the webserver.log file

2017-11-16_12-37-19 [192.168.0.2] GET /velserver/service.pl?address=22&channel=02&type=Relay&action=Get
2017-11-16_12-37-20 [192.168.0.2] GET /velserver/service.pl?address=22&channel=03&type=Relay&action=Get
2017-11-16_12-37-22 [192.168.0.2] GET /velserver/service.pl?address=22&channel=01&type=Relay&action=Get
2017-11-16_12-37-24 [192.168.0.2] GET /velserver/service.pl?address=22&channel=02&type=Relay&action=Get
2017-11-16_12-37-26 [192.168.0.2] GET /velserver/service.pl?address=22&channel=01&type=Relay&action=On
2017-11-16_12-37-27 [192.168.0.2] GET /velserver/service.pl?address=22&channel=03&type=Relay&action=Get
2017-11-16_12-37-29 [192.168.0.2] GET /velserver/service.pl?address=22&channel=01&type=Relay&action=Get
2017-11-16_12-37-30 [192.168.0.2] GET /velserver/service.pl?address=22&channel=02&type=Relay&action=Get

But no commands are executed in the RAW log ā€¦

Any idea what is wrong ?

Does it has to poll all the time ? I thaught item states where pust with the rest api to openhab ?

Regards

Nevermind, have this almost working. the urlā€™s in the item file where wrong (replaced /velserver/service.pl by /service)
Also JSON transformations addon wasā€™nt installed in openhab

Have you seen this forum post?

In case anyone is looking, Iā€™ve created a How To for installing the VelServ TCP gateway for Velbus

(Not VelServer, thatā€™s a different project entirely)

Hello All :smile:

Iā€™m struggling to find where I posted the link to an openHAB2 Velbus binding update script, so to help everyone, Iā€™ll put it here

http://www.mdar.co.uk/dl/openhab2/update-velbus-jar.sh

Just run that script from your linux command line and it will pull down CĆ©drics latest binding from my website and put it into the openHAB addonsā€™ folder.

Assuming it is
/usr/share/openhab2/addons

Itā€™s easier to use this command within Linux

wget http://www.mdar.co.uk/dl/openhab2/update-velbus-jar.sh

followed by

sudo sh update-velbus-jar.sh

Donā€™t forget to add the V1 Serial Binding to get it working, easiest way it from PaperUI / Configuration / Addons / Bindings
You donā€™t need to do anything more than add it, there are no configuration files needed.

(Iā€™ve lost count how many times Iā€™ve forgotten that step)