Very large ZWave Network (130+ nodes)

How are you including devices into the network? There are some very strange notifications in this log with a number of devices reporting UPDATE_STATE_NEW_ID_ASSIGNED which indicates a new device has joined the network. I don’t currently handle this since I’ve not seen it before as normally devices are included through the primary controller. If you’ve included devices in another way, then maybe there is an issue here somewhere.

It would be worth disabling heal as suggested previously by @5iver.

Hi Chris,

Ive included the devices using the normal way. PLace controller into inclusion mode inside Habmin, then press the B button on the device. The roller shutters when factory reset go into auto inclusion , so no pressing of the buttons needed for those devices.

When including the devices I noticed that some times the nodes would skip node numbers, ie the previous number was 55, it would pickup 57. This happened on about 8 occasions.

Alot of nodes are currently isolated, in the sense of the Habmin MAP view. Should I still disable the heal?

Well, I’m not sure why these devices are reporting this event - there are a number of them just in the very short log you provided, so who knows what’s happening.

That’s not abnormal - it normally just means that an inclusion failed at some point.

Yes.

OK, ill go ahead and do that. Should I also restart Zwave after the heal is turned off?
These nodes going on/offline, the log is full of them!

Yes.

I’d really suggest to provide logs showing these issues as it’s hard to deal with it otherwise. The short log you provided doesn’t seem to have any devices going offline.

See attached log Chris.zwave.txt (216.1 KB)

Hi Chris,

Heal disabled and a restart of the binding done. I received only 2-3 node offline messages in the console. So far, it’s looking better.

Attached is a new debug.

zwave.log (822.4 KB)

Hi @chris

So overnight, every single node is online and theres been no nodes going up/down. The map still shows nodes not connected but this appears to be cosmetic. Disabling the heal has made a significant difference

1 Like