Vibration for android notifications

Hello there!
My problem is easily described: Whenever I receive notifications from myopenhab to my openhab android application, I do get notifications and the configured notification sound, but I can’t get any vibrations from it. I have searched both the applications settings as well as the android settings to see if I can get the notifications to also vibrate, but no luck.

Is there a way to get them to vibrate or is this a feature request?

It is

Actually I didn’t know about this feature request: Custom notification sound + vibration · Issue #27 · openhab/openhab-android · GitHub
Implemented this in Add vibration and led light to notifications · mueller-ma/openhab.android@f2cfa99 · GitHub (based on top of Improve notification UI by maniac103 · Pull Request #848 · openhab/openhab-android · GitHub). I have attached an apk file on the commit, so feel free to test it.

Hello @mueller-ma
I had actually found that issue, but the reply suggested, that it was closed simply because the android app has notifications and the vibration part was ignored.
Great to see that the work on this issue is already ongoing.
It looks like the critical parts were committed only days ago.
What is the approximate time until these patches are available as updates on the play store? Depending on how long this will take, I would install the apk, or just wait for the update.

The commit isn’t merged yet, as it needs some testing. Installing the apk is way faster :slight_smile:

Do you know when this feature might be available in the official android app?

You’ll receive an update in the next few days.