VisualStudio no autocomplete - OpenHab inside Docker maybe the problem?

This is usually displayed, when items and things are loaded as far as i know.
But i have no explanation for a perfectly fine things view and items that are not getting loaded.
This should be the same extension part.

I found the reason, problem solved by workaround

I had three *.items files in my item folder.

myname.items
fritzbox.items
weather.items (with all OpenWeatherMap items)

I deleted the weather.items file (because error occurs after adding this file and some changes I made with the weather bindings), ==> it worked.

I put it back, changed the name to wetter.items, same error again.

I changed the name to OWM.items, it worked again

So, reproducible:

• as soon as the items file name is weather.items or wetter.items, the item list remains empty,
  • file name changed => it works

Strange

Could you please file an issue on github for this.
Definitively something we should check through a debugging session.

even more strange now.

Looked at it again tonight, unfortunately the items are again not shown :rage:

changed files again back and force, not shown

Now I deleted all my EchoDot items in my myname.items file, it works again, even with a weather.items file in the same folder.

Next steps: I put all Echodot items (I have two of them and all channels of amazonechocontrol are listed for each of this devices) in a new file echodot.items => works

(Always restarting VSC in between)

Putting back the EchoDot items in the myname.items, items are shown in the sidebar, but (!) without the EchoDot items listed.

Playing around a while with it I get the idea, that something runs into a timeout reading the amazonechocontrol channels.:no_mouth:

Happy to help with a github issues, but I will see what the systems does tomorrow before I open up that issues (never did that before).

no more issues with Openhab Extension 0.5.1

Thanks for the update, all items are shown (including all EchoDot and OWM items )

:grinning: