Volvo Oncall binding

I have nothing on my todo list on VOC currently. File an issue in github so I’ll take it in account next modification round :wink:

Alright - thanks :slight_smile:

I am struggling with the actions:
When I use the code from the doc website (getActions stuff).
actions returns:
2019-09-28 08:10:00.086 [INFO ] [pse.smarthome.model.script.car.rules] - ******** Available car actions: org.openhab.binding.volvooncall.internal.action.VolvoOnCallActions@d0d1c

What is the action to e.g. close the car in a regular rule file?
closeCarCommand("volvooncall","volvooncall:vehicle:MyVINNumber")

Sorry, I don’t get it.

Is someone using the action commands in a regular rule?
Sharing rule syntax would be greatly appreciated.

Currently running Openhab 2.4.0, and I am not able to upgrade to 2.5M3 as other bindings I use do not handle the upgrade. As the voc 2.5 version apparently does not run on Openhab 2.4.0 (at least I get some errors), I’m still on the voc 2.4 version.

Is it possible to manually implement the same channels as for the 2.5 version into the 2.4 version through .items file? If so, anyone willing to share the items file? Looking to get channels for heater, motor etc, and hopefully be able to include these channels in rules (heater start etc).

Take a look here here

Probably a stupid question, but do I install this by only copying the jar-file to the addons directory? Or do I need to copy other files as well?

The jar file must be self sufficient

Currently I am using a python script (voc-to-mqtt) to connect to VoC and publish the data via mqtt to OpenHAB.
This is working fine but I prefer to move to this binding since it connects directly to VoC. (kudos for that!)

What I see when using the binding is that not all information is available compared to what I am used to in my current setup. (tyre pressure, PHEV info and some small data that is useful for me)

@glhopital do you mind if I create a pull request for that data or is it something you already have done locally (or plannend to)

I will be more than happy if you make a pull request to extend VoC binding !

Cool!
Already started with the code and I’m close to push it for review.

I’m new to contributing to OH and working with GitHub so I might need some help.

I created an issue for the enhancement: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/issues/6880

What’s the next step? How can I assign it to myself?

1 Like

Once your coding is fine, just pull a PR, your coding is already referenced is the issue, so it’s fine.

I cannot find the jar file to install the binding. Can you please point me to that ? All the links on this thread are dead

Edit: Just realised that this binding is included in the 2.5 release. I just upgraded to that version and I can see it in paperui.

Hello, I’ve got the same question/problem. Any help would be very much appreciated. Is there any updated VoC binding available, newer than the one that came with OH 2.5 ?

There is a pull request waiting for merging in the next version.
This update contains more details (tyre pressure, etc) and PHEV data among a few other things. See my previous post in this topic.

I think someone from the OH crew has to do the merge and do this periodically?

In the mean

This issue should also be fixed in the PR

Excellent!
Thanks.
And btw: I was missing tire pressure as well.
:blush:

I installed the binding and copied the example located here
The binding seems to work but the data is not sent real time. It seems that the data is refreshed only after the car comes to a stop
When I lock and unlock the car I do not see an immediate change in the sitemap
Is this working as designed ?

Yes, that is quite as designed.
You’ll have the same behaviour the other way around. FE: as you close your car with openhab, the app also won’t update immediately. It updates when it connects to the server, the same as the binding.
(There are some exceptions in this, like car alarm triggers but most of the data will be updated periodically)

What you can do is to lower the refreshinterval in your thing configuration.
In the example it is set to 5, the value is in minutes.

Ok thanks. Do you know if the exception below is normal ?

I get this when the openhab service starts

Cannot add “ContactItem” with key “volvooncall_doors#tailgate”: The specified name of the item ‘volvooncall_doors#tailgate’ is not valid!
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The specified name of the item ‘volvooncall_doors#tailgate’ is not valid!

I copied it straight from the example