VS Code openHAB Extension!

syntax
ide
vscode
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f51df6059e0> #<Tag:0x00007f51df6058a0> #<Tag:0x00007f51df605738>

(Heiko Hegewald) #283

Hello, I have many problems with VS Code (V.1.28.2) and openhab after reinstalling.

file not fount //etc/…/xxx.rule
no rest-api (no items and things)
rest-api works in the browser
no karaf-console

my vs-code user.settings:

{
    "openhab.host": "192.168.178.120",
    "openhab.port": 8080,
    "openhab.lspPort": 5007,
    "openhab.lspEnabled": true,
    "workbench.iconTheme": "openhab",
    "openhab.karafCommand": "ssh openhab@192.168.178.120 -p 8101 -t 'log:tail'",
    "git.ignoreLegacyWarning": true,
    "terminal.integrated.shell.windows": "C:\\WINDOWS\\System32\\WindowsPowerShell\\v1.0\\powershell.exe"
}

What’s the problem?

PS.
VS-Code on a windows 10 pc (64bit)
openhab (actual snapshot) on a rpi3
openhab-conf via samba-share
vs-code openHAB-extension 0.4.0

(Will) #284

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?
I’ve the same issue - it’s basically check the server path, rather than mapping back to the locally accessible version…

(J Wee) #285

Hi Josar,
Would your method with private key also work if openhab installation was in a docker container?

(Stefan Zieren) #286

Just a newbie question:
Why are some items names in the item files displayed in white, wheras the majority is displayed in a different color (some sort of blue)?

(Michele) #287

The first capital letter

(Stefan Zieren) #288

I have “white” items where the first letter is a capital

(Michele) #289

Strange, pass the line I try on my VS

(Stefan Zieren) #290
DateTime ABF1_DATE { http="<[http://127.0.0.1:8080/static/ICAL/...:360000:JS(abfall_naechste_abholung_datum.js)]" }

ABF1_DATE is white in my VS

(Scott Rushworth) #291

Two consecutive capital letters at the beginning of an Item name does the same for me.

(SiHui) #292

For me the letters all have to be capitalized to show the label in white color:

grafik

(Scott Rushworth) #293

You’re right… I didn’t test this enough. Adding a single lower case letter changed it to cyan.

(Stefan Zieren) #294

In my VS it seems that all items with a mixture of lower and capital letters are in cyan color, while items with only lower case letters or only capital letters are in white color.
I raised this questions because i wanted to understand the rationale behind that. If it is simply that. Im fine but i thought there would be more.

(Jerome Luckenbach) #295

Nope. There’s not more and there is already an issue opened for this behavior.