Wall mounted Tablet with habpanel

I also am using this with a wall mounted tablet: cut an usb cable and solder/crimp it to the power supply.

traco

you have two options.

first way is, to use a QI receiver like this. https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00ZBXL5YG/ and a QI charger plate.

I decided against it because it is wasting 30-40% energy.

for my solution I used this QI receiver too, but I cut the cable and connected it directly with a USB type A cable like this https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00E38S5PC/. This can be plugged to my USB power supplier without any energy lost.

If you zoom into the picture you can see the tiny USB plug on the left side. it is just 3mm.

Energy consumption is so important, because my power supplier is able to provide 5 watt max energy and my tablet is consuming 1.5 watt if the display is off and 3,5 - 4,5 watt if the display is on.

cutting the QI charger is not so easy, because inside is not a cable. It is something like a foil. So instead of cutting i was using a soldering iron to remove it. Then I connected it again with a small circuit board between the foil and the USB type A cable. This gives a little bit more stability for the connection.

Ok.

I already have the same Traco powers as Sihui mentioned above but haven’t installed them yet in the wall. Could you take a closer picture of the Tablet USB plug?

As I bought those power supplies, only thing I was wondering was that how does the USB-cable look when it is connected to tablet. My wife is pretty strict with cleaness of my “installations” in the house…

But as we can see from your pictures, it can be made so that it looks great! =)

usb

Looks great!

I’m going to do exactly as you did as it looks pretty good.

Was the charger cable easy to strip and connect? Cable seems pretty flat…

Hi Holger (@holger_hees),

great dashboard, i really like your main screen :slight_smile:
may i ask if your floor plans are based on SVG like described here: Design your SVG floorplan or dashboard for HABPanel with Inkscape

or did you used another approach

regards
Matt

stripping and connecting the cable was not easy but possible

Ok.

I’ll try also that way.

Thanks!

I had the svg’s already from my previous project. A indoor positioning system based on bluetooth LE devices.

The easiest way to create it… Scan you house plan. Import it into inkscape and then redraw it in inkscape. Does not take more then 1 or 2 hours.

the important part is the circuit board to provide additional stability. You can also try to connect it directly. But I guess it will break after a while.

a good point is that the QI charger is cheap. So if it does not work in the first try. Try again :slight_smile:

Riesen Erfolg wĂĽrde ich sagen! Sieht toll aus!

very nice, it’s a good step versus Gira HomeServer layout.

Charging 24hours a day will cause problems with batteries and can damage it.
I saw many phones with expanded batteries when charging all the time…
How did you solve this problem?

Is there a way to add this widgest to the habpanel in-app download functionality for new user created widgets?

I imported the rollershutter widget manually, but it stays empty. What do i have to do, to use this with the happanel out-of-the-box theme?

normally the charger should be able detect a full battery and stop charging to avoid overcharging. How old are the phones?

Also in my company we have a lot of wall mounted tablets in meeting rooms for years now without any problem.

I measured also the power consumption and I saw how the power consumption was going down after battery was full.

Maybe I can give you some more details in a few years. :slight_smile:

@holger_hees awesome #apps-services:habpanel implementation!

I noticed in one of your pictures you have what looks like an air quality sensor on your wall? Which model did you choose? Does that also feed into your openhab setup?

I build it by my self.

it is based on arduino, a temperature/humidity sensor and a knx - serial bridge.

http://www.intranet-of-things.com/smarthome/house/sensors/arduino

it is used in openhab like other knx devices.

I have alot more work to go but I’ve put my tablet on the wall too.

1 Like

After your hint in the “slow performance” issue I tried to find more information and finally ended up in this thread where it seems that you previously already provided your widgets.

The link seems not to work anymore. Can you maybe provide again somewhere your widgets?

Hi @Hercules the url is fixed now.