WARNING Exception encountered while verifying pairing java.lang.Exception: Unknown user: ... every 75 sec

Hi all,

me again with a new warning in log after update to 2.5.6-2 …

• Platform information:
    *Tinkerboard 2GB RAM

• Debian Buster

• Java: java -version
      Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS: -Dgnu.io.rxtx.SerialPorts=/dev/tty96B0
      openjdk version “1.8.0_252”
      OpenJDK Runtime Environment (Zulu 8.46.0.225-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 1.8.0_252-b225)
      OpenJDK Client VM (Zulu 8.46.0.225-CA-linux_aarch32hf) (build 25.252-b225, mixed mode, Evaluation)

• openHAB version: “openHAB 2.5.6 Release Build”

• Issue of the topic: new warning in log every 60sec after update from 2.5.5-1 to 2.5.6-2 here the log:

here the log output:

2020-06-30 18:31:37.782 [WARN ] [.server.impl.connections.HttpSession] - Exception encountered while verifying pairing
java.lang.Exception: Unknown user: 85FA8BAD-D05D-415F-907C-FBCE057B30A8
at io.github.hapjava.server.impl.pairing.PairVerificationManager.stage2(PairVerificationManager.java:113) ~[bundleFile:?]
at io.github.hapjava.server.impl.pairing.PairVerificationManager.handle(PairVerificationManager.java:51) ~[bundleFile:?]
at io.github.hapjava.server.impl.connections.HttpSession.handlePairVerify(HttpSession.java:127) [bundleFile:?]
at io.github.hapjava.server.impl.connections.HttpSession.handleRequest(HttpSession.java:56) [bundleFile:?]
at io.github.hapjava.server.impl.connections.ConnectionImpl.doHandleRequest(ConnectionImpl.java:56) [bundleFile:?]
at io.github.hapjava.server.impl.connections.ConnectionImpl.handleRequest(ConnectionImpl.java:49) [bundleFile:?]
at io.github.hapjava.server.impl.http.impl.AccessoryHandler.channelRead0(AccessoryHandler.java:52) [bundleFile:?]
at io.github.hapjava.server.impl.http.impl.AccessoryHandler.channelRead0(AccessoryHandler.java:17) [bundleFile:?]
at io.netty.channel.SimpleChannelInboundHandler.channelRead(SimpleChannelInboundHandler.java:105) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:374) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.access$600(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:56) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext$7.run(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:365) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultEventExecutor.run(DefaultEventExecutor.java:66) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$6.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:1044) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
at io.netty.util.internal.ThreadExecutorMap$2.run(ThreadExecutorMap.java:74) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.FastThreadLocalRunnable.run(FastThreadLocalRunnable.java:30) [bundleFile:4.1.42.Final]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) [?:1.8.0_252]

After update from 2.5.5-1 and install homekit-binding with paperui (using “Add-ons”->MISC) I see this warning every ~75sec in the log.

Can anybody explain and help to stop this?

Thank for help

Cheers
Stef

in addition to my first post!!

It looks like that homekit cause this!

When I open the APP (iPhone SE iOS 13.5.1 with HOMEKIT) I can see that all connections are broken … every restart of openhab.
After I reintialise (firste delete openhab bridge then readd and lunch by typing PIN) and add all the items again the system is operational.
This is not a working environment!

Can anybody please explain howto setup openhab and homekit-app that the connection is automaticly reinitialise after a restart of openhab?

Thank you

Cheers
Stef

BTW when i understand correct the TAGs which were us4d by homekit are exactly the same that were used by amzon echo. Is there any possibilitiy to separate them? For example when you only want to use a few in homekit and an other subset in amazon?
Would be good to have this separation (Haven´t found yet an option to stop import in homekit and delete or disable some items)

@yfre I also have the same issue, any thoughts on the cause?

we had this issue already several times, now and in the past. not sure whether anyone with this issue has managed to overcame it.

from the code, i cannot see any reason for this. the “user” gets deleted only if

• device (iphone) decides to unpair
  • “clearPairings” is executed from karaf.

@sjheinz & @ndye
yes, the issue with from homekit binding. several users have reported it as well. however, we could not find the root cause until now.
for some reason, openhab removed the “user”, i.e. iphone, from the database of know users. iphone tries to get every x seconds a new list of accessories but openhab reject it, as the device is unknown.

two options:

1. stop openhab, check in $OPENHAB_USERDATA/jsondb/backup/ if you have a file homekit.json with “user” inside. e.g. with command
    cat $OPENHAB_USERDATA/jsondb/backup/*.json | grep user

if you find such file, copy it in place of $OPENHAB_USERDATA/jsondb/homekit.json
2) delete “home” in you home app and repair again. you will lose the assignment of accessories to rooms.

can you provide more information on this, e.g.

• how long you have homekit binding and whether you had similar issues in the past?
  • was homekit working before upgrade?
  • how many homekit clients, e.g. iphone, ipad, you have and whether it stopped to work on all of them or only on one?
  • which version of iOS you have and whether you have update any apple/iOS devices recently?

basically, what happened between “it was working” and “it stopped to work”

restart homekit on iphone - delete openhab applisjce and reinstall openhab appliajce with PIN from paperui.
Then the error is gone!

in deed you have to reinstall openhab appliance on every restat of openhab instance :frowning:

Gruß Stefan Heinz
send mobile

Hinweis: Der Inhalt dieser eMail ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser eMail sein sollten, setzen Sie sich bitte mit dem Absender der eMail oder unter der angegebenen Telefonnummer in Verbindung und vernichten Sie diese eMail auf Ihren Speichermedien.

Notice: The information contained in this email is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message on any media of yours.

@ndye @sjheinz
please check this bug report

it is the same issue. it is unclear (to me) what is the exact steps to fix but please try

• change PIN for homekit (can be done via paper UI)
  • restart openhab
  • remove home from home app and re-pair again

yes, you can separate homekit and alexa
you can have something like this

Switch    light_homekit_and_alexa     "Light Homekit & Alexa"    {homekit="Lighting", alexa="Switchable"}
Switch    light_homekit_only          "Light Homekit"           {homekit="Lighting"}
Switch    light_alexa_only            "Light Alexa"             {alexa="Switchable"}

Hi,

thanks yes that fixd the problem - but it makes homekit binding in actual version unusable… because of the need to restart openhab so often …
adding a lot of devices adding rooms adding new scenarios in homekit everytime needs to much time …

thanks for your responce
cheers
Stef

Hi.

thanks for that hint to separate… I´ll try.

Cheers
Stef

just to understand the issue better. why you need to restart openhab often? due the issue with “java.lang.Exception: Unknown user: 85FA8BAD-D05D-415F-907C-FBCE057B30A8”
?
i.e. you still have this issue after you have changed the PIN and repaired again?

hi no certain circumstances: for example clearing the cache if items nit correctly operational… updates 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 … not correct working bindings… there are a lot of issues in the last days (since 2.5) unfortunatly unfortunatly

sorry this format is not really good to reading and understanding …

Gruß Stefan Heinz
send mobile

Hinweis: Der Inhalt dieser eMail ist vertraulich und ausschließlich für den bezeichneten Adressaten bestimmt. Wenn Sie nicht der vorgesehene Adressat dieser eMail sein sollten, setzen Sie sich bitte mit dem Absender der eMail oder unter der angegebenen Telefonnummer in Verbindung und vernichten Sie diese eMail auf Ihren Speichermedien.

Notice: The information contained in this email is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message on any media of yours.

Hi,
i tried to separate as descripted:

"Switch    light_homekit_and_alexa     "Light Homekit & Alexa"    {homekit="Lighting", alexa="Switchable"}"

But I get an error if i did this in item file:

2020-07-14 16:46:01.838 [WARN ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Configuration model ‘all.items’ has errors, therefore ignoring it: [35,88]: mismatched input ‘“Switchable”’ expecting RULE_ID
[35,104]: missing EOF at ‘{’

using this line in .item file:
Rollershutter Mischer1Node97 “Dreiwegemischer [%d %%]” <fan_ceiling> (gruppeKEL) { alexa=“Switchable” } { channel=“zwave:device:2a2280e1:node103:blinds_control” }

Can anybody help me to correct my file?

Thanks

Cheers
Stef

Thank you - it´s working with this syntax

I guess someone should include this to the tutorial and the openhab documentation underneath:

Thanks
Cheers
Stef

There no examples in any docs of multiple {fields}

hhmmmhhhh

is this customer-friendly?

is this friendly for newbies?

is this good?

to all: NO

If you need to start a new topic in a community forum to get answer fpr syntax of systems this is the totaly wrong way!
I know: documentation needs a lot of time - but what is more effectiv: ongoing answering questions for basic stuff or use the same time to bring uo the main docs up to speed?
Bring up the docs - this garanties the effort of a product!
as easy the way for a newbie as better the votings :slight_smile:

Think about

Cheers
Stef

Anyone can edit the docs, no-one is stopping you from doing better. We do not know where you found the docs that formed the idea that multiple {binding} sections should be used, so you are the one best placed to correct that.

1 Like