Water Meter?

I was wondering if you had seen any progress on this project? I’m interested in the results.

I have one of these connected to the pulse input of a Velbus VMB7IN, which reports the water usage on the Velbus network.

There is also an option to program a high threshold on the Input channel of the VMB7IN, so that I can be alerted to high usage.

This may be of interest to those on this thread! Smart Home Water Monitoring, Alarm and Automatic Shutoff System. I just stumbled across it. The last commercial offering I had referenced was about $1,500.00. This one at $500.00 is, as least for me, more of an option.

Wow thats expensive!

I was looking one for myself. Found this one, but nobody was willing to answer my letters in English. So I ditched this idea.

The best idea is to attach magnetic sensors to the commercial water meter. That way you will have perfect match with your water bill. They sometimes have RF transmitters so the water company can take the readings but I do not think it is easily readable, also there is privacy concern if you can read the water usage to anyone else. If you are lucky they might provide it online with some API but that is unrealistic :slight_smile: