We need your help on testing!

I am not sure if this topic is relevant or not: SSL with OpenHAB2
My feeling would be that there is now a specific keystore for openHAB and so we don’t have to update the JVM keystore. But I am not sure at all.

FWIW, Ecobee and Nest bindings work with no issues on Build #95, installed via Paper UI from online distro. Nice work, @kai and everyone!

1 Like

With the latest OH2 snapshot build #99 (22.01.16) the Tinkerforge binding is working as expected.

Thanks for fixing, issue updated.

Updated status with OH2 snapshot #102:

• NTP 2.0 binding: now OK (config parameter is saved)
  • Astro 2.0 binding: now displays dates in UI but still not with my requested format
  • RFXCOM 2.0 binding (only used for Oregon sensors): almost OK. I have only a problem with temperatures (format conversion error)
  • Freebox 2.0 binding: almost OK. I have only a problem with display of string channels (maybe dates too)
  • Hue 2.0 binding: almost OK. Switch ON/OFF and brightness slider not working well
  • Mios 1.9 binding: almost OK. I have a problem to control dimming lights
  • HTTP action : OK
  • Weather 1.9 binding (with Wunderground provider): KO

That would be absolutely cool if smarthome issue #871 could be fixed. My feeling is that it could be the source of several of my current issues.

I realized that I am using the HTTP action not the HTTP binding.

I am starting to test my rules in openHAB2 and that is not too bad, few of them are already working well.

I am unable to find a page in the documentation that explained what are the difference between openHAB1 and openHAB2. I know that there was something relative to rules in this page. Can someone provide the link ?

I created separated topics for each problem:

Updated status (netatmo binding tested successfully with last OH2 snapshot #106).

Features OK, considering my personal (and so partial) usage:

• NTP 2.0
  • Netatmo 1.9
  • HTTP action
  • Logging action

Features KO (not working at all):

• Weather 1.9
  • MiOS action 1.9

Features working but with bugs:

• Astro 2.0
  • RFXCOM 2.0
  • Freebox 2.0
  • Hue 2.0
  • MiOS 1.9

@Kai: thank you for the change “immediate=true” applied to the Freebox 1.9 binding. I didn’t know that you have applied the patch.
I can confirm that the 1.9 version of the Freebox binding is now working perfectly in openHAB 2. That’s cool to know and gives us more time to fix and enhance the version 2.0 of the binding.

1 Like

I just tested MQTT 1.9 binding and it looks to me that it is working well in openHAB 2.
Is there a reason for this binding is to be not yet packaged into openHAB2 distro ?
Do you need someone to create a PR to add the MQTT feature ?

Updated status (freebox 1.9 and MQTT 1.9 bindings tested successfully with OH2 snapshot #106).

Features OK, considering my personal (and so partial) usage:

• NTP 2.0
  • Netatmo 1.9
  • Freebox 1.9
  • MQTT 1.9 + MQTT io transport 1.9
  • HTTP action
  • Logging action

Features KO (not working at all):

• Weather 1.9
  • MiOS action 1.9
  • Powermax 1.7

Features working but with bugs:

• Astro 2.0
  • RFXCOM 2.0
  • Freebox 2.0
  • Hue 2.0
  • MiOS 1.9

Could you add the insteonplm binding to the “not working at all under OH2” list? Also, please open issues for those bindings that should be installable from OH2 and I will create PRs for each. Thanks @Lolodomo

@Lolodomo It would be great if you could directly add this information to https://github.com/openhab/openhab-distro/blob/master/docs/sources/addons.md#currently-incompatible-1x-add-ons (you can simply edit this page on Github) with a link to the according issues on Github.

I will do it, both.

1 Like

@watou: you want the issue created in openhab or openhab-distro ?

In openhab please, since the code to fix is there. Merci.

I tried using InsteonPLM with a PLM and I’m getting the error:

2016-01-30 08:01:45.417 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall        ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/ssd/oh2/addons/org.openhab.binding.insteonplm-1.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.openhab.binding.insteonplm [10]
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: gnu.io

The manifest file has:

Import-Package: gnu.io,

At the openhab> prompt, type

feature:install openhab-transport-serial

Issue #3925 now opened for MQTT.

PR #108 submitted for documentation regarding compatibility of 1.x bindings. I did not change the status of Weather binding as I just saw another message saying that the issue could have been solved. Will try the new jar.

Oups I got the same error as @ranielsen with my Powermax binding. Will try to install openhab-transport-serial feature.

That fixed it @watou, InsteonPLM with a PLM works :slightly_smiling:

What needs to change with the binding so this doesn’t need be ran from the prompt?