Weather bidning trouble

I must be stupid, but I am really tired and I have searched for 30 minutes now… Halp!

https://openhab-ci.innoq.io/jenkins/view/openHAB/job/openhab-1/org.openhab.binding$org.openhab.binding.weather/

Thanks!

I’ve got trouble getting this to work though…

19:59:14.249 [DEBUG] [o.i.r.i.resources.ItemResource:247 ] - Item ‘Weather’ could not be found in the item registry

What could be the reason for this?

sitemap demo label="Hoofd menu" { Frame label="Weer" { Text item=Temperature } }

Number Temperature "Temperature [%.2f °C]" {weather="locationId=home, type=temperature, property=current"} Number Humidity "Humidity [%d %%]" {weather="locationId=home, type=atmosphere, property=humidity"}

What is the name of your items file?
It should be something like demo.items or xyz.items, NOT demo.item or xyz.item …

demo.items and demo.sitemap

That’s correct … then I have no idea what is wrong … sorry

Maybe this post may help you.

You tried :slightly_smiling:

20:20:21.219 [DEBUG] [o.i.r.i.resources.ItemResource:247 ] - Item 'Weather' could not be found in the item registry ´ 20:20:21.221 [INFO ] [o.i.r.i.resources.ItemResource:267 ] - Received HTTP GET request at 'items/Weather' for the unknown item 'Weather'.

Anyone?

Hmm I dont understand what they mean. In this link

If you are using the wrong editor or an editor with wrong settings you could get that error message.
If you are using the designer to edit your config your are safe.

I am using notepad++

Then make sure the settings are according to the posted link:
UTF-8 without BOM

Thanks, I have now checked and it was correct… I even tried redoing it all with just the openHAB designer…

23:33:55.495 [DEBUG] [o.i.r.i.resources.ItemResource:143 ] - Received HTTP GET request at 'items/Weather' for media type 'json'.

:frowning: I have spent way to many hours for such a simple thing now…

Because your items and sitemap look okay the problem might be in your openhab.cfg: post the weather binding section.

# location configuration, you can specify multiple locations
#weather:location.home.name=solleftea
#weather:location.home.latitude=
#weather:location.home.longitude=
#weather:location.home.woeid=solleftea-12889880 //This line
#weather:location.home.provider=Yahoo
#weather:location.home.language=en
#weather:location.home.updateInterval=5

The location.home.woeid line was added manually by me after reading the wiki of the binding.

My yahoo link looks like this Yahoo link

Ahh, now we are getting closer: you need to uncomment the lines to take affect and provide the correct woeid, also set the polling interval to 30 minutes, I think yahoo does not allow shorter time periods:

# location configuration, you can specify multiple locations
#weather:location.home.name=solleftea
#weather:location.home.latitude=
#weather:location.home.longitude=
weather:location.home.woeid=905333
weather:location.home.provider=Yahoo
weather:location.home.language=en
weather:location.home.updateInterval=30

You can find your woeid for example here: http://woeid.rosselliot.co.nz/

Oh my god what a stupid misstake!!! Thank you for the help. I belive I will get better results now :slight_smile:

I set the plling interval to 5 minutes for debugging purpose but I’ll set it to 30 just to be sure :slight_smile: I’ll be back later with results!

15:15:51.523 [DEBUG] [o.i.r.i.resources.ItemResource:247  ] - Item 'Weather' could not be found in the item registry
15:15:51.525 [INFO ] [o.i.r.i.resources.ItemResource:267  ] - Received HTTP GET request at 'items/Weather' for the unknown item 'Weather'.

Damn, I still get this error :frowning:

Did you exactly copy those four lines into your openhab.cfg?
And you need to restart openhab after a change to the openhab.cfg!

weather:location.home.woeid=905333
weather:location.home.provider=Yahoo
weather:location.home.language=en
weather:location.home.updateInterval=30

You don’t need any other config lines.

Okey, trying again, this time with your lines copied and the other ones commented out