Weather binding doesn't work

Hi.
I have fully updated openhab and try to use Weather binding. But it don’t work and don’t show any errors.
My weater.conf
apikey.ApiXU=401682d6bc5e67e3067ea1ce88136518
location.villa.name=ApiXU
location.villa.latitude=58.9326
location.villa.longitude=29.5879
location.villa.provider=ApiXU
location.villa.language=RU
location.villa.updateInterval=10
location.villa.units=SI

My weater.config
:org.apache.felix.configadmin.revision:=L"11"
apikey.ApiXU=“401682d6bc5e67e3067ea1ce88136518”
location.villa.language=“RU”
location.villa.latitude=“58.9326”
location.villa.longitude=“29.5879”
location.villa.name=“ApiXU”
location.villa.provider=“ApiXU”
location.villa.units=“SI”
location.villa.updateInterval=“10”
service.pid=“org.openhab.weather”

After restart openhab, there are two records:
ProviderConfig[providerName=APIXU,apiKey=401682d6bc5e67e3067ea1ce88136518]
LocationConfig[providerName=APIXU,language=RU,updateInterval=10,latitude=58.9326,longitude=29.5879,locationId=villa,name=ApiXU]
and no other events about changing value or somthing else.

my items file like this:

Number   Temp_Min         "Temperature min [%.2f °C]"   {weather="locationId=villa, forecast=1, type=temperature, property=min"}
Number   Temp_Max         "Temperature max [%.2f °C]"   {weather="locationId=villa, forecast=1, type=temperature, property=max"}

Number   Temperature       "Temperature [%.2f °C]"      {weather="locationId=villa, type=temperature, property=current"}
Number   Humidity          "Humidity [%d %%]"           {weather="locationId=villa, type=atmosphere, property=humidity"}
Number   Pressure          "Pressure [%.2f mb]"         {weather="locationId=villa, type=atmosphere, property=pressure"}

DateTime ObservationTime0  "Observation time [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]"   {weather="locationId=villa, forecast=0, type=condition, property=observationTime"}
DateTime ObservationTime1  "Observation time [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]"   {weather="locationId=villa, forecast=1, type=condition, property=observationTime"}
DateTime ObservationTime2  "Observation time [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]"   {weather="locationId=villa, forecast=2, type=condition, property=observationTime"}
DateTime ObservationTime3  "Observation time [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]"   {weather="locationId=villa, forecast=3, type=condition, property=observationTime"}
DateTime ObservationTime4  "Observation time [%1$td.%1$tm.%1$tY %1$tH:%1$tM]"   {weather="locationId=villa, forecast=4, type=condition, property=observationTime"}

So the problem is i can’t get any data from this items and can’t find any error. Could you help me?

This problem peresents even if i use Weatherbit weather provider.
ApiXU allow to see request statistics but it looks like openhab doesn’t send any request

The docs has a troubleshooting section

Your next step appears to be DEBUG logging

Thank you, it’s right way!

I’ll add my five cents for begginers

To enbale logging for weather binding you should to login using Karaf console:
ssh -p 8101 openhab@localhost (from ssh)
next step is changing log level to TRACE
log:set TRACE org.openhab.binding.weather
then:
logout.
Very important to restart openhab to apply changes.
sudo systemctl restart openhab2.service

And I made small research.
My problem was that i have two files with weather items. And one of them has mistakes. But, as usual, system cheks item files and either inform about mistakes and skip line with mistake or just skip mistake line. But this system skip full item file with mistake and don’t inform about it, until you increase log level

What was the nature of the mistake?

In the weather items there are few lines with locationId=home, but i haven’t this location it weather config file

Oh, well that is not is not a mistake so far as the items file parser is concerned. It does not even know if you have weather binding installed, never mind how you might have configured it. After all, you might be in the middle of setting it up.

Syntax errors should be reported. Nonsense configurations like -
{ blarbblurb="chicken nuggets" }
won’t get reported by file parser, so long as the syntax is valid.

If there were a blarbblurb binding, the author could report unexpected arguments like “chicken nuggets”, but that’s up to the author.

In your case, you might expect weather binding to complain about “home”.

1 Like