Weather forecast - not working

Dear all,
to check which is the best API for weatherforecast I defined 3 different suppliers. Unfortunally it looks like, that they will not be request.

It looks like that configuration of openhab.cfg is corretct, extract from openhab.log
2015-08-16 17:19:49.701 [INFO ] [o.o.b.w.i.common.WeatherConfig] - ProviderConfig[providerName=WUNDERGROUND,apiKey=xxx]
2015-08-16 17:19:49.711 [INFO ] [o.o.b.w.i.common.WeatherConfig] - ProviderConfig[providerName=WORLDWEATHERONLINE,apiKey=xxx]
2015-08-16 17:19:49.712 [INFO ] [o.o.b.w.i.common.WeatherConfig] - ProviderConfig[providerName=FORECASTIO,apiKey=xxx]
2015-08-16 17:19:49.714 [INFO ] [o.o.b.w.i.common.WeatherConfig] - LocationConfig[providerName=WORLDWEATHERONLINE,language=de,updateInterval=10,latitude=49.3321,longitude=11.0302,locationId=WWO_DE_SC,name=Schwabach, DE]
2015-08-16 17:19:49.722 [INFO ] [o.o.b.w.i.common.WeatherConfig] - LocationConfig[providerName=WUNDERGROUND,language=de,updateInterval=10,latitude=49.3321,longitude=11.0302,locationId=WG_DE_SC,name=Schwabach, DE]
2015-08-16 17:19:49.723 [INFO ] [o.o.b.w.i.common.WeatherConfig] - LocationConfig[providerName=FORECASTIO,language=de,updateInterval=10,latitude=49.3321,longitude=11.0302,locationId=FIO_DE_SC,name=Schwabach, DE]

extract from default.items
Number TempAct_FIO_SC “FIO” {weather=“locationId=FIO_DE_SC, type=temperature, property=current”}
Number TempAct_WWO_SC “World Weather Online” {weather=“locationId=WWO_DE_SC, type=temperature, property=current”}
Number TempAct_WG_SC “Wunderground” {weather=“locationId=WG_DE_SC, type=temperature, property=current”}

I updated openhab v1.71 including weather binding.
Is it necessary to use openhab-addon-action-weather ?

Thanks in advance,
madler

You didn’t format the output. Take a look at

You could change for example your item definition to
Number TempAct_FIO_SC “FIO [%.2f °C]” {weather=“locationId=FIO_DE_SC, type=temperature, property=current”}

Is it necessary to use openhab-addon-action-weather ?

No.

Good luck. sihui

Hi,
I will use format for output in elemensts for sitemap. It´s easier to go this way because you can give different lables to the same item (e.g. in group weather -> Outdoor temp. Schwabach, but in group DataSchwabach -> Outdoor temp.)

Any other ideas ?
I thought that we have log events - but nothing comparable

Thk

Okay, then the only thing I can help you with is my working example:

openhab.cfg:

Wunderground

weather:apikey.Wunderground=yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
weather:location.home_wgr.latitude=53.xxxxxxxx
weather:location.home_wgr.longitude=7.xxxxxxxx
weather:location.home_wgr.provider=Wunderground
weather:location.home_wgr.language=de
weather:location.home_wgr.updateInterval=30

item:

Number Temperature_WGR “Temperatur [%.0f °C]” (gIN) { weather=“locationId=home_wgr, type=temperature, property=current” }

sitemap:

Frame {
Group item=gIN label=“Informationen” icon=“info”
}

Edit:
Yes, there are some info logs present:

2015-08-14 15:33:50.571 [INFO ] [o.o.b.w.i.common.WeatherConfig] - ProviderConfig[providerName=WUNDERGROUND,apiKey=yyyyyyyyyyyyyy]
2015-08-14 15:33:50.575 [INFO ] [o.o.b.w.i.common.WeatherConfig] - LocationConfig[providerName=WUNDERGROUND,language=de,updateInterval=30,latitude=53.xxxxxxxx,longitude=7.xxxxxxxx,locationId=home_wgr,name=]

Good luck.

Hello Sihui

I’m also having trouble getting the temperature to work could you help? Here is my config

weather:apikey.Wunderground=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
weather:location.home.latitude=40.1396
weather:location.home.longitude=74.852
weather:location.home.provider=Wunderground
weather:location.home.language=en
weather:location.home.updateInterval=3

my items file
Number Weather_Temperature “Outside Temperature [%.1f °F]” (Weather_Chart) { weather=“locationId=home, type=temperature, property=current” }

my sitemap
Frame label=“Weather” {
Text item=Weather_Temperature valuecolor=[Weather_LastUpdate==“Uninitialized”=“lightgray”,Weather_LastUpdate>90=“lightgray”,>25=“orange”,>15=“green”,>5=“orange”,<=5=“blue”] {

Replaced values in the demo file. Here is what the log returns, i have turned on Debug.

2015-09-04 01:36:55.937 [DEBUG] [.WeatherGenericBindingProvider] - Adding item Weather_Temperature with WeatherBindingConfig[locationId=home,type=temperature,property=current,roundingMode=HALF_UP,scale=2]

All I get on the screen is - *F, any and all help greatly appreciated.

I’ve fixed the issue. Didn’t think to restart after making the changes to the cfg file.