Weather Underground widget with forecast

When you install new versions of an addon, you always need to re-add the Thing otherwise it will not have the new channel.

Hi guys,

I am a little lostā€¦

I installed the widget and I installed the weather underground binding and got the API as well. So far I have the ā€œlocal weatherā€ thing that show the respective values as well within the control section.

Now the widget shows nothing but the following:

I havenā€™t installed the icons yet (because I am totally new to Raspberry and need to figure it out) but the values should be shown anyway, correct?

Anyone know what I am missing?

Marc

Hi Ian,
I like that a lot, could you share your widget, please?
Thank you

Hi Vincent
There is another thread here with the one I did.

Hi All,

I have problems with Weatherundeground binding. I followed instructions from KidSquid in this topic and installed weatherundeground binding from latest snapshot openhab-addons-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.kar

The problem is that this binding is showing installed, but i canā€™t start it.

232 | Active | 75 | 0.10.0.b1 | Eclipse SmartHome RegEx Transformation Service
237 | Installed | 80 | 0.10.0.201803241900 | WeatherUnderground Binding
openhab> bundle:resolve 237
openhab> bundle:requirements 237
Bundle 237 is not resolved.
openhab> bundle:start 237
Error executing command: Error executing command on bundles:
Error starting bundle 237: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.weatherunderground [237]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: javax.measure
openhab>

Any ideas what is missing?

Also on the side note: PaperUI does not detect the binding I have copied to my addons folder.

What OH version are you on? The weather underground binding needs to 2.3 #1212 and newer. You seem to be on 2.2 .

Bastiaan,

Youā€™re right I was on 2.2.0. I have upgraded to 2.3.0 snapshot #1242 and after fiddling a little bit I got this widget working.

Thank you very much for your help. Great looking widget!

What is confusing and I think few users before me got confused as well is the folder structure in your first post, we are missing ā€œmasterā€ in folder name. It should be as follows:

• /conf/html/weather-underground-icons-master

Hello all!

I installed OpenHAB2 yesterday and Iā€™ve been trying to learn and figure out the configuration settingsā€¦ thereā€™s a lot to it. Anyway, Iā€™ve read this thread and Iā€™m really close to having this working but the icons still donā€™t show. Iā€™ve upgraded to 2.3.0-SNAPSHOT (#1246) and I can see the temperature values and days of the week.

However, when the page loads and it tries to get to the css file the browser complains that it canā€™t find it. The URL it is using to try to get to the css file hasnā€™t resolved the {{ServerPath}} variable and instead it translates it into a URL-safe version with %7B and %7D:
http://\<MyServerAddress\>/habpanel/%7B%7BServerPath%7D%7D/wu-icons-style.min.css

Iā€™m not sure how this is even happening because before I copied the wind.png/feel.png/humidity.png, immediately below the css error were errors about being unable to resolve the wind/feel/humidity png files from the correct locations! I temporarily removed the wind.png file just to recreate the situation so I could screen capture it for this post. See:
ServerPath%20Error

Any idea what is happening here and any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks!
-Greg

Hello,

nice modificationā€¦

Can you please share the CSS modification for germanā€¦that save a lot of work and time

Thank you.

Regards
Thorsten

Sorry, but where exactly do I find these ā€œthree .png iconsā€?

In the first post, thereā€™s a link to the github repository.

Oh well, the link was disguised as a json file :sweat_smile:
Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I have the same issues, I get always this:

In the PaperUI I see all the values so the binding works but somehow the icons wonā€™t be loaded. Folder structure is accurate to the instruction and I can access all the icons and the css. How I can I test what works wrong?

I have openHAB 2.3.0 Build #12443 snapshot running. Please help, Iā€™m working on this since a few weeks and I couldnā€™t make it happen.

Thanks
Jan

Hello,
IĀ“m very new with the openhab, but i figured out that i donĀ“t have the openHAB 2.3.0 Build #12443 snapshot running. I tried the links in this Thread, but I canĀ“t open the .kar file. It just opens a midi file. Could you please tell me where to get the snapshot?

https://openhab.ci.cloudbees.com/job/openHAB-Distribution/

Hello!
I get the following error message every day in the late afternoon. After midnight it works against normal.
Does anyone have the same problem or knows a solution for it?

fehler2
Thank You

Nobody here who can help?

Thanks for all

Hello to all!
I can not get WeatherUnderground Binding 2.3 running.
I use raspbian on raspberry.
In PaperUI under Add-ons is WeatherUnderground Binding 2.2.0.
I downloaded openhab-addons-2.3.0-SNAPSHOT.kar. I unzipped and found org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.weatherunderground-0.10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
I followed the faq. How to use snapshot.
In openhab-cli console i did bundle:unistall org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.weatherunderground
Then I copyed the jar-file in openhab2-addons on raspberry.
I restarted openhab2.
But there is nowhere WeatherUnderground Binding 2.3

Everything else - the png images, the values from weatherground, my location is working. Only these icons to get is really hard.

Regards, Christian

I can swap between theese versions:
openhab> bundle:list -s | grep weather
203 ā”‚ Installed ā”‚ 80 ā”‚ 0.10.0.201804200816 ā”‚ org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.weatherunderground
204 ā”‚ Active ā”‚ 80 ā”‚ 0.10.0.b1 ā”‚ org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.weatherunderground

Try stop openhab2 service, delete the contents of ā€œ/var/lib/openhab2/cacheā€ and ā€œ/var/lib/openhab2/tmpā€ e start openhab 2 service.
In my case I had to change my openhab version to 2.3 snapshot in openhab-config