Web Socket Error on AmazonEchoControl binding every 65 seconds

Hi,

i have the web Socket error to in OPENHAB 2.5.5-1 disused in
Java heap space…java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
and
Web Socket error {}

now i was pointed to this post. (I closed the other ones pointing them to this posed to bring everything together!)

The error is still there!
See:

2020-06-15 14:06:04.943 [INFO ] [nternal.WebSocketConnection$Listener] - Web Socket error
java.nio.channels.AsynchronousCloseException: null
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.http.HttpConnectionOverHTTP.close(HttpConnectionOverHTTP.java:181) ~[?:?]
at java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1257) [?:1.8.0_252]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.AbstractConnectionPool.close(AbstractConnectionPool.java:208) [bundleFile:9.4.20.v20190813]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.DuplexConnectionPool.close(DuplexConnectionPool.java:237) [bundleFile:9.4.20.v20190813]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpDestination.close(HttpDestination.java:385) [bundleFile:9.4.20.v20190813]
at org.eclipse.jetty.client.HttpClient.doStop(HttpClient.java:260) [bundleFile:9.4.20.v20190813]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.stop(AbstractLifeCycle.java:93) [bundleFile:9.4.20.v20190813]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.stop(ContainerLifeCycle.java:180) [bundleFile:9.4.20.v20190813]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.ContainerLifeCycle.doStop(ContainerLifeCycle.java:201) [bundleFile:9.4.20.v20190813]
at org.eclipse.jetty.websocket.client.WebSocketClient.doStop(WebSocketClient.java:371) [bundleFile:9.4.20.v20190813]
at org.eclipse.jetty.util.component.AbstractLifeCycle.stop(AbstractLifeCycle.java:93) [bundleFile:9.4.20.v20190813]
at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.WebSocketConnection.close(WebSocketConnection.java:171) [bundleFile:?]
at org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol.internal.WebSocketConnection$2.run(WebSocketConnection.java:200) [bundleFile:?]
at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:555) [?:1.8.0_252]
at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:505) [?:1.8.0_252]

The new jar-file did not help!

And there is a new quality in town: after a periode of time: Openhab crashes with another warning:
2020-06-12 22:56:28.026 [WARN ] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel] - /start/index
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
2020-06-12 22:56:38.624 [WARN ] [org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel] - /start/index
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

So there is a new qualitiy in town!! System crash!!!

Please have a look and help!

Thanks
Cheers
Stef

The OOM is from 2020-06-12, so this is clearly from the release version. This is fixed with the version above and will not happen anymore.

As I said before: the bundle above is NOT fixing the root issue (websocket connection fails) but ONLY fixing the erroneous closing of a failed connection which lead to the OOM.

1 Like

Fine to hear,

but error is again still there… maybe someone which has build the fix last time have a look to.!!!
And should know that there is a major issue!!

An now - read carefully - there is an other quality in town: SYSTEM CRASH

Thank you

and btw: pleas explain OOM it´s helpfull for everybody to know what you are talking about
Cheers and Thanks
Stef

Maybe you should read my post more closely. The system crash is due to the OOM-exception (your log from 2020-06-12). This is fixed above. The connection error is still there and needs to be fixed independently.

Edit: OOM = Out-Of-Memory.

And it was a hint in Java heap space…java.lang.OutOfMemoryError from CM6.5 H102Regular which i followed to fix…

Cheers
Stef

1 Like

Hi Stef,

there are a lot of dots and exclamation marks in your post but this doesn’t make it faster or more productive to find a fix for the issue. Please keep in mind that we all do our best to remove all of the issues. If there is still a memory leak in the version @J-N-K provided -i don’t think so- more people will report it. If you scared about “the other quality in town: SYSTEM CRASH” you can disable the binding until it is fully fixed. Thanks for being patient and for your feedback in any way.

2 Likes

The new .jar fixes the OOM issue for me.
Thanks a lot, @J-N-K

Many thx to @J-N-K it seems to work :).

Is there any news about the WebSocket Error?

1 Like

Unfortunately not. It would be nice to see the full configuration of those that DO NOT experience problems. Maybe something is sent along which prevents the unsuccessful connect but since I neither use the binding nor own a supported device it‘s not so easy to debug.

After the hint of @summerguy i checked the ioBroker Project and it seems they also have a problem with Amazon login depending on the cookies. They wrote that the reason is a little change in the HTTP-Headers, but not what changed. Maybe this is the same issue -i don’t know at the moment- but i still check the headers and the cookies. There is no push on the ioBroker project because they want to test the changes. It is possible to reproduce this “endless web socket loading” in the browser. If i re-send the web socket request it never returns a response, so the same for the binding. This is what i got at the moment.

As i understood there is no one which do not experience problems. Only people who do not experience memory problems with the current release version, but it seems they all have web socket problems.

2 Likes

As i stated before: I DO experience the problems. So no help from “the other side”, sorry.

Anyway: if any sort of logs might be helpful: let me know. I’ll take the time and try to generate what is needed.

@nephrotranz seems to have no connection issues

Can you point me to the issue or PR that fixed it on iobroker? I did a quick search using amazon, alexa or echo and didn’t find something related

Your new version fixed the issue for me. Running now for 24h without an increased heap

OOM issue is fixed for me with new binding. Log error does still exist.

I do not have websocket error messages, either.
Cubietruck is up since 48 days since last reboot.
amazoncontrol binding is mainly used for TTS.

I too had the Out Of Memory issue being reported by everyone else.
The patched version of the binding has fixed this.
I’m still getting the connection failures in the log but my Echo Text-To-Speech is still working so I’m not sure exactly which Amazon connects are failing.
Happy to do any testing for the developers that might help. I’m in the UK so will be using the UK Amazon portal page.
Just as an extra, my system didn’t crash from the memory leak because I caught it in time. I have the system information binding monitoring a few basic vital signs - including free memory - and some rules that push alerts to my phone via the OpenHAB Cloud if anything’s wrong. This is fairly easy and well worth doing.