Web Socket Error on AmazonEchoControl binding every 65 seconds

Glad its working for you now.
Cheers
Karl.

It seems that in some installations the updated bundle is later replaced with the release bundle. This is expected oof you clean cache and may happen if you install/uninstall other addons.

The solution could be to uninstall amazonechocontrol (from PaperUI or addons.cfg, wherever you originally installed it) and then, after the uninstall finished (make sure the bundle is no longer listed on the karaf console), drop the jar above in the addons directory.

I expect 2.5.6 in the near future (probably this weekend), so this „revert the fixed version“ issue will be finally solved then.

Regarding the „beta“: since @michi pointed me to the PR, we can try to get that merged, but it‘s impossible to do that before 2.5.6.

2 Likes

Can someone please point out where the current “new” jar is. I can’t find it in this topic. due to it having so many posts.

Big thanks!

Thanks it was that.
Sorry, I should have checked the bundle version before posting but I hadn’t restarted or cleared the cache.

Someone is using the latest docker image? How Can I fix it in my running docker container?

https://janessa.me/esh/org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol-2.5.6-fix-leaks-fix-connection.jar

1 Like

Out of interest - this was the memory use in the openhab container before and after removing the binding.

1 Like

That would be awesome - whenever you get the time Jan - the obvious use of this binding is incredible so many people are grateful for getting it working!

2 Likes

Works fine for me: RPI3, OH 2.5.0 Release Build. Free memory is still decreasing but at a lower rate. Free mem is now 227M (total: 926M) two and a half hours after restart of openhab2.service and was 232M minutes after the restart. So 5M have been consumed since restart. Does anyone know if this is the expectable behaviour on an RPI3?

EDIT: Of course no more errors in opehab.log regarding the binding.

I also run on a RPI3 and I find my free memory does decrease slowly. I have never got to the bottom of why. It takes 2 or 3 weeks to become very low and since I have a scheduled reboot every week it never becomes a problem for me.

Hmm, 21 hours later and I’m down to 30 megs of free RAM. perhaps something else is causing this? I am also using MyQ as someone mentioned earlier. I’ll check to see if there are other updates I should apply here too

openhabian@openHABianPi:~ $ free -h
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 975M 504M 30M 12M 440M 406M
Swap: 99M 0B 99M
openhabian@openHABianPi:~ $

Show bundle:list | grep -i amazon. If it‘s not a problem in another bundle, you‘re probably running a wrong version.

Is this going to be updated on the docker image? Saw 2.5.5 was updated with something a few hours ago, but haven’t figured out where to find the changelog

can i install the linked new bundle version (2.5.6) also on my 2.5.5 OpenHabian on my Rpi4 ?

From my understanding there should be no difference in openhab for any RpiX version (nor windows even). So, if you have a prob with 2.5.5 binding try the version one from J-N-K above. He removed an error (or more than one) from the 2.5.5 release version and named it “2.5.6-fix-leaks-fix-connection”.

it’s on the correct version I believe:

openhab> bundle:list | grep mazon
82 │ Active │ 80 │ 2.5.6.202006152137 │ openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Amazon Echo Control Binding
openhab>

the date code there is from the 15th. I tried the earlier one (which may be removed) from the 14th.

I’ll have to poke around more to see what else could be causing this. Is there a way to see which modules are using / leaking memory? I’m on OpenhabianPi and have tried sudo apt-get update / upgrades but they are all up to date. I’m on 2.5.5 currently, but a bit weak on linux.

@dotat, I don’t think you’re running low on “free” RAM. Your cached memory shows 406M, so you have plenty of memory available to run applications/processes. This disk cached memory is just being temporarily borrowed to speed up the OS, but will lend it back when it is needed by applications.

Here’s some information about memory allocations (with explanation for cached memory):
https://www.cloudways.com/blog/linux-ate-my-ram-memory-myth-busted/

However, if you experience out of memory issues that affect operation then something is definitely wrong with your installation. So hopefully that is not occurring.

• Thomas

Ah thanks, I was actually looking at that and wondering if it was the first or last section of free to be worried about. Much appreciated, I’ll stop the reboots and see how it goes. I was getting some warning (before the update) about something taking more than 5000ms to respond. That search lead me here.

cheers!

I think we have to wait till the 2.5.6 version will be in the latest docker image. I saw there is a 2.5.6-snapshot image, but I didn’t try it yet.

I didn’t realize there was a separate openHAB forum for German-speaking users. There are many openHAB + AmazonEchoControl add-on Beta version users who are just as lost as we seem to be with getting the Beta binding working again :frowning: I miss my functioning smart home - this has been a very dysfunctional and frustrating week.

Here is the link to the German openHAB forum post, with AmazonEchoControl Beta version add-on users discussing their frustrations and same issues experienced with the Web Socket Error.