Web Socket Error on AmazonEchoControl binding every 65 seconds

I fixed everything like described here last week. And every works stable. I just had a look at my RAM consumption over the last 7 days and I must say still increasing slowly…

But may be caused by another issue.
Do others see this also?

Yep, same here, after updating to 2.5.6 its increasing very slowly instead of the memory increase with 2.5.5

oh bummer. Just based on the feedback of the others, I thought this problem can be fixed easily. Here is a new jar as well as instructions…
I followed the instructions, but without success. I still have my “web Socket error”. So something is wrong here, and I have no idea where to look next.
I tried different constellations, but this one is the last that failed.
(I am running 2.5.5-1 on ubuntu-lxc container).

• removed the things.
  • uninstalled the control binding 2.5.5.
  • stop openhab
  • clean cache
  • start openhab
  • stop openhab
  • upgrade from 2.5.5-1 to 2.5.6-2 via openhabian
  • stop openhab
  • clean cache
  • start openhab
  • restart openhab
  • stop openhab
  • drop the new jar (from post 316) and wait for the success log
  • restart openhab
  • stop openhab
  • clean cache
  • start openhab
  • restart openhab
  • bundle:install Gson 2.8.5 and wait 4min
  • restart openhab
  • add new account-thing
  • add an echo

still web socket errors after 65sec.

I have the log in trace-detail, just don’t want to put that here, it’s very detailed…
What can I do?

@papaPhiL, perhaps J-N-K’s patched binding isn’t installed correctly. Reconfirm it is running:

1. Start OpenHAB2’s Console CLI:
    openhab-cli console

2. Resize/maximize the console window for long line lengths.

3. Check the amazonechocontrol-2.5.6-SNAPSHOT binding’s version, as follows:
    list | grep -i amazon

Confirm it reports the correct version. The latest non-beta release should show this:
Active x 80 x 2.5.6.202006201447 x openHAB Add-ons :: Bundles :: Amazon Echo Control Binding

If the version is correct then I’m out of ideas.

• Thomas

2.5.6 contains the patch. No need to do anything. And why the hell fo you all try to install Gson 2.8.5? This is NOT necessary unless you run openHAB <2.5.0.

2 Likes

Hmm, I missed that, sorry.
But ok, I went back to a backup and removed the things, uninstalled the binding, cleaned the cache, restarted openhab until it is fully working, then upgraded to 2.5.6 using openhabian, installed the binding with the webGUI and have said version active:

Problem solved. Thanks!

1 Like

Now I am confused. As far as I know, the audio tag is not supported. ( See post here )
Found in the forum that this never worked. Wondering why it is/was working for you. ?

Audio Tag in announcement doesnt work, i am also confused it should work before. However a fix for tts is on its way.

1 Like

Hi guys
How do I install the fix?
The link does not contain the file:
org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol-2.5.6-fix-leaks-fix-connection

2.5.6 release contains the fix.

Thank you for your answer!
Do I need to download the 2.5.6 or the following will be enough:

1. Connect to the SSH command line and execute: sudo openhabian-config
  2. Select the “Update” option

Edit : I see that my openhabian version is openHAB 2.5.6-2 (Release Build).
I still see that errors :(.
What do I missing?

Which errors?

In the log:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

Please show bundle:list | grep -i amazon.

It could also be another binding.

As you can see: you are running 2.5.0, not 2.5.6 and for sure not a release build. Did you put the jar in the addons folder?

I thought that I need 2.5.6 on openhabian.
How do I install the 2.5.6 for amazon binding? Is there are link to “steps to install”? I am not so familiar on that area :frowning:

Exactly. The 2.5.6 openhabian should be ok. But for some reason - and the most probable is a jar in the addons-folder - the binding did not update.

So from where do I download the Jar?

@Inmar https://openhab.jfrog.io/openhab/libs-pullrequest-local/org/openhab/addons/bundles/org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol/2.5.6-SNAPSHOT/org.openhab.binding.amazonechocontrol-2.5.6-SNAPSHOT.jar

Did anyone else see that when removing / adding the included non working binding it also disconnected / reconnected their z-wave network?
After around 12 hours openhab was also completely inaccessible, however my system (a qnap nas) was not affected

Temp jar has fixed the issue, now just got to remember to remove it and add from the ui when it gets merged :frowning:

1 Like