Welcome Herzborg binding!

Hello everyone! Today i’ve successfully deployed my newly written Herzborg binding. Herzborg seems to have lots of automation hardware, but here only curtain motors gained popularity, so the binding supports only them. Still, if anyone is interested, enjoy.

I’ll put together a binary release if there’s an interest

Note for maintainers: a pull request against V3 addons repository is here: https://github.com/openhab/openhab-addons/pull/9327

Hello! Is there anyone here? The pull request is still hanging there, no response since november.

You need to be more patient. We just have a couple of maintainers, reviewing PRs in their spare time…

Well, OK, just it’s been about 3 months…

Come on, this is not completely true. Last changes you made have been sbmitted on February 2nd.
You also should check your PR, as the Jenkins build failed.
So please first make Jenkins happy again and then let’s see when a maintainer finds time for your PR, which is not the oldest btw…

Well, build logs have been lost too. So i’ve rebased it, checked locally (it builds OK) and re-pushed. Let’s see.
Yes, i made changes according to @hilbrand 's requests and never heard back.

Build failed with code styling issues…

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal com.diffplug.spotless:spotless-maven-plugin:2.0.3:check (codestyle_check) on project org.openhab.binding.herzborg: The following files had format violations:
[ERROR] src/main/resources/OH-INF/thing/thing-types.xml
[ERROR] @@ -37,7 +37,7 @@
[ERROR] \t\t\t\t<description>Device·address·on·the·bus.</description>
[ERROR] \t\t\t\t<default>65278</default>
[ERROR] \t\t\t</parameter>
[ERROR] -\t\t\t<parameter·name="poll_interval"·type="integer"·unit·="s">
[ERROR] +\t\t\t<parameter·name="poll_interval"·type="integer"·unit="s">
[ERROR] \t\t\t\t<label>Poll·Interval</label>
[ERROR] \t\t\t\t<description>Poll·interval·in·seconds</description>
[ERROR] \t\t\t\t<default>1</default>
[ERROR] Run 'mvn spotless:apply' to fix these violations.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] To see the full stack trace of the errors, re-run Maven with the -e switch.
[ERROR] Re-run Maven using the -X switch to enable full debug logging.
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] For more information about the errors and possible solutions, please read the following articles:
[ERROR] [Help 1] http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoExecutionException
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] After correcting the problems, you can resume the build with the command
[ERROR]   mvn <goals> -rf :org.openhab.binding.herzborg

Yes, thank you, i have examined it myself and fixed it up yesterday.

@hilbrand @hmerk
Dear OpenHAB maintainers? Is there any particular reason why the PR is being ignored for half a year ?

Please overthink your wording.
Our maintainers are not ignoring any PR, but you have to understand that they are doing reviews on a voluntary basis in their spare time. There might be PR’s open for a longer time than yours.

I am sorry if i offended someone, but let me express that it looks kinda impolite from my POV. There was a review round; i’ve spent significant time responding to all the suggestions and requirements; everything has been done, and silently it all stopped.
As a contributor i am feeling unwanted and unwelcome; this is sad. :frowning:
There is enough time to say a word, i suppose. Even if it’s something like “we aren’t interested in supporting this rare hardware so it’s of very low priority”. I would have known that and not spent any time on something that is completely unwanted.