Wemo binding support for led-bulbs

Hi

I’m pretty confused whether wemo-binding supports the LED bulbs. I have managed to send commands using the exec-binding and a nodejs script that found but it inserts a delay which is pretty annoying. Can someone give some guidance whether there is a “native” way to manage wemo bulbs (or Osram Lightify) directly using only the wemo-link ?

Thank you

D

Hi,
I am working on extending the WeMo binding to support devices connected to the WeMo Link, but this will take some more time.
So please stay tuned…

Best
Hans-Jörg

Hi Hans

This is great news, I look forward for your development. If you need any tests I’ll be at your disposal.

Cheers,

hate to impose, but may I ask how adding wemo led bridge to the wemo binding is going?

You are not imposing at all.
After struggling with the devices for quite a long time, I was able to find a way to solve the problems and created a pull request for eclipse smart home.
So the Bridge and LED support should be available soon for opnHAB 2.0. Just have to finish a little issue with reliability of discovery.
I also got hold of a WeMo maker, and this will be supported with the same release.

Now I have to find a way how to adopt this for openHAB 1.x, which is a bit harder. But I will do my best to have this done as well. Don’t think it will make it into 1.8 release, cause of the release timeline.
But when I have it running, i will post the binding her.

Best
Hans-Jörg

So are you saying wemo is supported but not the wemo link?? how else can wemo work? I have the link and two LED bulbs, can they be used?

New user to openhab and struggling. log says:

2015-12-29 21:18:17.608 [INFO ] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding] - Wemo device ‘WeMo Link’ found at ‘http://192.168.0.149:49153
2015-12-29 21:18:18.183 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - NODE 1: Node found
2015-12-29 21:18:18.184 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - NODE 2: Node found
2015-12-29 21:18:18.186 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - NODE 3: Node found
2015-12-29 21:18:18.187 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - NODE 4: Node found
2015-12-29 21:18:18.190 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ZWave Controller using Controller API
2015-12-29 21:18:18.191 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ZWave Controller is Primary Controller
2015-12-29 21:18:18.192 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ------------Number of Nodes Found Registered to ZWave Controller------------
2015-12-29 21:18:18.194 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - # Nodes = 4
2015-12-29 21:18:18.196 [INFO ] [rialApiGetInitDataMessageClass] - ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The discovery in WeMo 1.x Binding reports a WeMo link, but there are no methods implemented to control it.
Support will be available with openHAB 2.0 after my PR for Eclipse SmartHome is merged.
Last week I decided not to downport this into the 1.x Binding.
Therefore I can now announce that support for the WeMo Maker in will be available in openHAB 2.0 as well.

Best
Hans-Jörg

Do we have an approximate on when this might be ready? are we talking afew months or longer?

I would rather think of a couple of weeks.
Best
Hans-Jörg

@hmerk Is there any chance your updated binding for 1.8 can bring the power update down from 60 seconds to maybe 5 seconds for the wemo insight connected via WiFi?

Hi Kevin,
I could do that easily, but this would lead to unresponsive devices.
The WeMo’s don’t like to be polled every 5 seconds.
Best
Hans-Jörg

I found this script witch is supposed to be able to control all wemo devices including the Wemo bulbs.
I can use the LINK LIST command to see all connected devices and GETSTATE to se the status of the device. But I can’t turn change the state of any of the bulbs. Does anyone know how to modify the script to fix this?

Wemo-script

To whom it may concern :

My latest additions got merged into eclipse smarthome, so the next version of openHAB2 will support the WeMo LED bulbs connected to the WeMo link bridge.
The are some more additions to be announced with that version :

• Support for WeMo Maker (relay and sensor)
  • Use of GENA subscriptions to receive device updates (so the motion sensor should notify imediately about changes)
  • Additional channels for WeMo Insight devices, as introduced with latest openHAB 1.x version of the binding.

Best
Hans-Jörg

Does that mean the Beta 2 version that just came out?
I would really like to continue using the link, and the led bulbs, but it has been frustrating at best watching people design scripts that are Xnix only, or months going by saying that it should be working in a couple of weeks…

Yes, the latest openHAB2 Beta Snapshot does include the new WeMo Binding version withe the features mentrioned in my last post.
I just checked it and after starting openHab2, all my WeMos were put into inbox :slight_smile:

Hi hmerk,

Thank you for your hard work.
I do not see the wemo binding in openhab2-addons github project. Could you please share the location of the wemo binding source code?

Regards,

Hi,
the WeMo Binding is not just an openHAB2 Binding but an Eclipse Smarthome Binding, like some others. So it can be found at

Best
Hans-Jörg

Hey, so I tried openhab2 this weekend, seems to work fine so far…
However, my wemo led lights are stuck “initializing” in openhab2. All my other devices that are autosensed (hue bridge/lights, wemo Motion, wemo switch) work fine. Not sure what logs (if any) you’d need to help me solve this though.

Any ideas where to start?

First of all, make shure your WeMo link and the LED lights are running the latest firmware version. Please post the version if yours.
I am not quite sure about debug config in oh2, but I will investigate on this and post a guide for debugging WeMo Binding in oh2 later.

Best
Hans-Jörg

Link is WeMo_WW_2.00.10114. PVT_OWRT-Link
Lights are all 83
App is version 1.14