Wemo binding support for led-bulbs

OK, versions are fine.
I just reconed the same behaviour running the binding in my IDE, so have to debug this.
Meenwhile, stopping and starting oh2 again should bring your LED lights online, it does in the IDE.

I will keep you updated on this.
Best
Hans-Jörg

Thank you Hans-Jörg

Bugfix just got merged, so should be available with next snapshot.

1 Like

I’m running OH 1.82 on RPI3. I’ve got (2) Wemo LEDs connected to a Wemo Link. In addition, I’ve got (20) GE Link bulbs connected through the same Wemo Link. I’d like to be able to control all of them through OH.

Is it possible to control Wemo lights only (not GE) with 1.8 or do I need to upgrade to 2.0?

Is controlling the GE lights through Wemo link possible in 1.8 or 2? The GE lights are recognized and controlled by Wemo app with no issue.

I’ve, also, have the Wink connector that came with a GE Link Starter Kit. I never used it since I had no problem connecting through Wemo app. If I needed to use that to connect the GE lights to OH, that is an option.

Support for WeMo Link is available for openHAB 2.0 only and just the original WeMo LED lights are supported.

I’ve just run openHAB2 with the wemo binding (0.90 snapshot). The binding was no able to enumerate LED bulbs that are part of a group created by the wemo app.
eg. bulb:Dining01 , bulb:Dining02.
group:Dining Room = Dining01 + Dining02

I think the wemo app creates a zigbee group (possibly called a scene) for the bulbs and sends commands to the group. The bulbs inherit the settings (on/off, brightness) from the group.

I had to ungroup the bulbs in the wemo app before the LED bulbs could be found by the wemo binding in openHAB.
Once the bulbs are found and imported into openHAB they work as expected.

Great work. Thank you.

Hi. Thanks for building the binding! Do you think you’ll be able to support the osram lightify flex rgbw strips that work through the wemo link?

Great work so far, many thanks!

Sorry, but I don’t think so, as I read in the WeMo forums that the German link does not support the Osram ligthify products, so I could not test.

I’m having problems with my WeMo bulbs and OH2 with “binding-wemo - 0.9.0.SNAPSHOT”

For some reason, when I turn the 2nd one of on or off - either via my own sitemap, or using PaperUI - it also switches the 1st bulb on or off at the same time. If I turn the 1st one on or off, it doesn’t change the 2nd one.

Does anyone have a clue how i might fix this?

Thanks.

Hi There, I have the same problem as @DSTM… I have 2 WEMO Lightbulbs connected to openhab through the wemo bridge. For some reason, and not all the time. When I click the switch or dimmer of one the bulbs, the other one will also be trigered. Notice that it doesn’t trigger the lightbulb fysically, only the second switch or dimmer in Openhab. So it’s mostly an esthetic thing, because it does work, but I find it really annoying. Does or did anyone here have the same issue? Or maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

I’ve set the lights up through the Paper UI discovery, but manually made new switch items, because I thought that the error could be in the naming of these items (1 was just called switch and the other didn’t even have a name or label)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I probably need to post more log info, but as I’m totally new to Openhab, I could also use a few pointers in pulling that of.

Small addition to the above. It’s always one of the two switches or dimmers that triggers the other one. So sometimes the switch and dimmer of lightbulb01 also trigger the switch and dimmer of lightbulb02 (and in that case, the switch and dimmer of lightbulb02 don’t affect the switch and dimmer of lightbulb01) or it is the other way around.

hi Mathis, I’ve found that this something which seems to happen in the first few hours (perhaps 24hrs) after openhab2 is started, and then it stops happening.

I was having a number of issues with the bulbs when openhab2 was in beta, but I’ve found it’s been great recently since the release version of openhab2 was released.

One thing that did seem to make a difference, tho, was updating the bulb and link firmware from WeMo’s own app - so if your firmware isn’t up-to-date, update it, and then power-off and back on again both all of the wemo stuff as well as openhab2 - and then hopefully everything will be working OK.

Hi Neil, Thnx for the response, I will try out your suggestions! Updating WEMO firmware is always a hassle though… Will update when I’ve tested my setup :slight_smile: