Wemo Binding UDN

Hi, I just buy a Wemo Light switch but i can’t find the UDN …

Hi look at the log but I only find this :

20:25:35.376 [DEBUG] [.b.wemo.internal.WemoActivator:34 ] - Wemo binding has been started.
20:25:35.395 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:301 ] - wemoDiscovery() is called!
20:25:35.399 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:354 ] - Send datagram packet.
20:25:35.401 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:359 ] - Receive SSDP Message.
20:25:36.403 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:383 ] - Message receive timed out.
20:25:36.404 [INFO ] [.service.AbstractActiveService:169 ] - Wemo Refresh Service has been started
20:25:36.404 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:118 ] - execute() method is called!

Could you please give some more information about your setup, machine type, os, java version and openhab version.

Yeah sorry …

Openhab 1.8.3
MacOS 10.11.6 on a mac mini
Java 8 update 53

I’m really sorry about the double post i couldn’t find my original post so I create another one

Please set the debug level to trace for WeMo Binding and post the output.
I guess your Java version is not the latest, so please update.
Furthermore please check if anything in your network is blocking UPnP broadcasts.

Last, what about giving openHAB 2.0 a try, with its native WeMo Binding?

I can’t remember what but last time I check there was something incompatible with my setup … rest API if I remember well…

i’m gonna send you my log soon but i found something weird… I download another app on my iPhone to control my Demo and he can’t find it too …

i can’t find how to set the debug level can you help me with that ?

It’s on the first page of the “Getting Started”, look under “Start the server”:

http://www.openhab.org/getting-started/

oh … Yeah this is what i’ve posted ! i thought he was talking about a specific log for wemo add-on

Yes, thats what I wanted you to do.
Please add an entry to your logback_debug.xml like

logger name="org.openhab.binding.wemo" level="trace"

Then start openHAB in debug mode and post your output.

08:18:44.304 [DEBUG] [.b.wemo.internal.WemoActivator:34 ] - Wemo binding has been started.
08:18:44.320 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:301 ] - wemoDiscovery() is called!
08:18:44.322 [TRACE] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:327 ] - Request: M-SEARCH * HTTP/1.1
08:18:44.325 [TRACE] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:337 ] - Source-Address = '192.168.111.2:1901’
08:18:44.326 [TRACE] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:339 ] - Send multicast request.
08:18:44.327 [TRACE] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:342 ] - Multicast ends. Close connection.
08:18:44.328 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:354 ] - Send datagram packet.
08:18:44.329 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:359 ] - Receive SSDP Message.
08:18:45.333 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:383 ] - Message receive timed out.
08:18:45.336 [INFO ] [.service.AbstractActiveService:169 ] - Wemo Refresh Service has been started
08:18:45.337 [DEBUG] [.o.b.wemo.internal.WemoBinding:118 ] - execute() method is called!

I’m pretty sure it’s a firewall or network issue but my mac doesn’t bloc anything and my router is too dumb to have some internal firewall policy …

with script and third party app I’m never able to auto discover my wemo BUT if I put the ip adress it work … Can I bypass the auto discover and set up the ip adress ?

Yes, this definitely looks like a network issue on your side.
Unfortunately, there is no option to bypass discovery and I am not going to put more effort into the 1.x Binding version.

If this will be your next question, no, the openHAB 2.0 (ESH) version of the WeMo Binding will also have no option to bypass the auto-discovery. This version is depending on UPnP communication, as this allows it to receive information from the devices like Motion-Sensors, that would get lost while waiting for the next poling cycle.

I am sorry, but you need to fix your networking issue.

Best
Hans-Jörg

So you were right, I install openHAB 2.0 and it still doesn’t work… but i install it a a brand new computer ( Mac)

So what do you think it can be ? something in mac os that block UPNP from your binding

**EDIT : I just saw that the port 1900 an 5353 is use by default on mac for Bonjour protocol and local discovery of other mac protocol… 1900 and 5353 are also use by plex… I read in another topic that a user fix his wemo binding by turning off plex … Could it be that ? Is some one ever make it work on mac ??

** EDIT2 I think i found how to disable Bonjour and it still doesn’t work … also I have a third party app on my phone who auto discover demo and i can’t see my wemo so i don’t think the mac is the issue…

Or may be my router ? it’s an Asus router… do i need to change something in it ?

If you are using Plex on the same machine, this might be the issue. There eare a couple of reports in the community that disabling Ples solved this issue…

No i don’t…

So it definitely seems to be your router, but I am afraid not to be of any help on what config to change, cause of not knowing your router.

Anyone can help ? It’s an Asus router