Wemo dimmer switch not auto-detected

Did you download it from my earlier post?
What firmware is your Dimmer-Switch running?

I went on github page for assistance and found that installing sonos binding would solve problem. now it works. thank you!

Hi all,

I’m grateful for this post, as it solved my issues detecting the Wemo dimmer. However, I’ve since noticed that my openhab.log file is getting inundated with log messages from the dimmer. I’ve set up filters on both the events and openhab logs, but these messages refuse to to be filtered no matter what strings I add to the filters:

19-03-05 19:38:38.551 [INFO ] [nding.wemo.handler.WemoDimmerHandler - 
GetNightModeConfiguration response '<s:Envelope 
xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" 
s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"><s:Body>
<u:GetNightModeConfigurationResponse xmlns:u="urn:Belkin:service:basicevent:1">
<nightMode>1</nightMode>
<startTime>0</startTime>
<endTime>23400</endTime>
<nightModeBrightness>8</nightModeBrightness>
</u:GetNightModeConfigurationResponse>
</s:Body> </s:Envelope>' for device 'wemo:dimmer:Dimmer-1_0-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx' received

I used “wemo:dimmer:Dimmer-1_0-xxxxxxxxxxxxxx” as the filter string, and I know it’s working because it removes all of the other Wemo dimmer log messages. The only thing I can think of is that this message is being treated differently because of the line breaks. But even then, I would think that any lines that match the filter would be left out.

Any help with this would be much appreciated! These messages are popping up every two minutes, so there are a ton of them in the log.

In KARAF Console enter

log:set WARN org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.wemo

This will filter those info messages. Please note that this binding Version is experimental.

I haven’t tried using the Karaf console yet, so I guess that’ll be the next thing for me to learn.

FYI, the experimental binding is working great for me, though I haven’t tried using the Night Mode or Fade channels. I had already installed the Wemo 2.4 binding and detected all of my other devices, but it was relatively easy to switch out the binding. I’ll sum up the steps for anyone else who comes into this conversation late like I did:

1. Uninstall Wemo Binding 2.4 (Paper-UI > Add-Ons > Bindings)
  2. Install Eclipse IoT Marketplace (Paper-UI > Add-Ons > Misc)
  3. Install Sonos Binding 2.4 (Paper-UI > Add-Ons > Bindings)

Once I did that, the Wemo Dimmer popped up in my Paper-UI Inbox, and my other Wemos continued to function. There was no need to re-add the original Wemo Binding 2.4.

Thanks for all of your efforts!

I truly appreciate your time and dedication HMerk!

Hi Hans,
Thank you and everybody else for all this effort. I have managed by myself to get some things working with openHAB but I am still quite novice. Where should I download your patch for wemo dimmers on a mac? (directory path) Is it ziped or plain text?
Thanks again
Fernando

It is not a patch, it is a test version of the binding with some functions implemented.
Download can be found here

Hi Hans, I’m also new to OpenHabian and able to drop the Jar file in the add-on folder, however looking at the log viewer I’m receiving the below:
2019-10-17 20:28:57.938 [WARN ] [org.apache.felix.fileinstall ] - Error while starting bundle: file:/usr/share/openhab2/addons/org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.wemo-0.9.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.smarthome.binding.wemo [207]
Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.smarthome.io.transport.upnp
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:444) ~[?:?]
at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxBundle.start(EquinoxBundle.java:383) ~[?:?]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundle(DirectoryWatcher.java:1260) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.startBundles(DirectoryWatcher.java:1233) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.doProcess(DirectoryWatcher.java:520) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.process(DirectoryWatcher.java:365) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]
at org.apache.felix.fileinstall.internal.DirectoryWatcher.run(DirectoryWatcher.java:316) [10:org.apache.felix.fileinstall:3.6.4]

Thanks Mark for the quick response.

I made a small progress. I downloaded your binding. I moved it to the same directory the old “*wemo.jar” was stored.

Since paperUI didn’t register it, I rename it as the old file. When I attempted to install it a large number of error messages appeared on the terminal.

I just downloaded openHAB 2.4 only days ago. That is the version I am currently running. I made progress with my wemo mini plugs and switches and my wifiled lights guessing java. I also have two dimmers. Should I install a different version of openHAB for this new binding ? Or did I miss a step?

Thanks again

Fernando

Easy way: install SONOS Binding, even you don’t need it.
The binding is Missing the UPnP Bundle, which will be installed with SONOS.

1 Like

See my last post.

1 Like

Hi Hans,
Thank You for the response. One question, do I need backup the existing weemo binding or remove it? If so where is it located?

Just uninstall the Binding via PaperUI and put the jar into addons folder.
If you installed it with an entry in addons.cfg, remove it from there.

1 Like

Thank You Hans, for all your help, I’m able to see the Dimmer switch now!

:+1:

Hi Hans still does not work.
I have set your binding at /Applications/openhab/addons
I removed wemo from /Applications/openhab/conf/services/addons.cfg
I have my sonos installed.
I have also installed Eclipse IoT Market mentioned here.
Yet I still get the old version 2.4 downloaded from somwhere instead of yours when I try to bind it using paperUI. No new devices appear on search neither new types.

There is a missing step.
Fernando

Please stop openHAB, clear the cache and restart.

Finally finished adding Dimmer support to the Binding and created a pull request for it.