Wemo does not update after some time

hi … this happens constantly to me.

My WEMO Insight Plug works for some time after “Adding” the thing flawless.

After some while / hours the “current power” and “Energy total” channel/item stops to receive updates. The Power Switch channel / item always works.

I’m not using to many channel from that binding so I can only tell for “current power” and “energy total”.

The only way to get it working again is to Remove the Thing and Add it again.

can you proof if it is just the UI not updating, or the device itself. Do you see any further updates in the log ?

sorry I wasnt stating clear.
I can confirm its not just an UI problem. There is nothing in the logs and persistence stays on the last value once the updates stop.
Only the switch (on/off) works and is reflected in the log.

Any update e.g. on “current power” is not in the logs.

I can track the persistence to find out if it generally stops updating that data after a certain time
however I must delete the thing and add again to make it work at all

only restarting the bundle or openhab is not sufficient.

Anything i can provide to help with the analysis?

Don’t have a clue right now. Could you please run oh in debug mode until it stops updating and post the last log entries.
I will setup a new test environment with oh2 for long term testing by end of next week, still waiting for the new hardware.

ok started logging wemo in debug

its sending quite a lot traffic…
will update here once I see it stops working again

18:32:01.352 [DEBUG] [ome.binding.wemo.handler.WemoHandler] - Received pair 'InsightParams':'1|1459528162|158|158|199674|1209600|11|22555|46190|21862411|3000' (service 'insight1') for thing 'wemo:insight:Insight-1_0-221450K1200575'
18:32:03.865 [DEBUG] [ome.binding.wemo.handler.WemoHandler] - Received pair 'InsightParams':'1|1459528162|161|161|199677|1209600|11|22515|46190|21862411|3000' (service 'insight1') for thing 'wemo:insight:Insight-1_0-221450K1200575'
18:32:05.374 [DEBUG] [ome.binding.wemo.handler.WemoHandler] - Received pair 'InsightParams':'1|1459528162|162|162|199678|1209600|11|22550|46190|21862411|3000' (service 'insight1') for thing 'wemo:insight:Insight-1_0-221450K1200575'

can already tell you stop updating of “powercurrent” happens on restart of openhab2 and state stays on last update from before restart.
need to
a) reinstall binding or
b) delete /readd thing
to receive current values again

restart oh:
2016-04-01 19:17:13.595 [INFO ] [assic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Classic UI at /classicui/app
2016-04-01 19:17:13.919 [INFO ] [basic.internal.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Basic UI at /basicui/app
2016-04-01 19:17:14.071 [DEBUG] [o.discovery.WemoDiscoveryParticipant] - Discovered a WeMo Insight thing with UDN 'Insight-1_0-221450K1200575'
2016-04-01 19:17:14.075 [DEBUG] [o.discovery.WemoDiscoveryParticipant] - Created a DiscoveryResult for device 'WeMo Insight' with UDN 'Insight-1_0-221450K1200575'
2016-04-01 19:17:15.817 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'home.sitemap'
2016-04-01 19:17:18.564 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'weather.sitemap'
2016-04-01 19:17:18.673 [INFO ] [el.core.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model 'rrd4j.persist'
2016-04-01 19:17:19.760 [INFO ] [ome.event.GroupItemStateChangedEvent] - wemo_insight_Insight_1_0_221450K1200575 changed from NULL to UNDEF through wemo_insight_Insight_1_0_221450K1200575_currentPower
2016-04-01 19:17:19.771 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - wemo_insight_Insight_1_0_221450K1200575_currentPower changed from NULL to 22
2016-04-01 19:17:19.784 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - wemo_insight_Insight_1_0_221450K1200575_energyTotal changed from NULL to 374
2016-04-01 19:17:19.792 [INFO ] [marthome.event.ItemStateChangedEvent] - wemo_insight_Insight_1_0_221450K1200575_state changed from NULL to ON

Thanks for the logs. It might be caused by the GroupItemStateChangedEvent, but I don’t know, where this comes from.
I will investigate on this and keep you in loop.


Short update on this issue:
I could reproduce not receiving updates after a restart of openHAB2.0.
Quick solution : In openHAB Karaf console, do a bundle:stop xxx and bundle:start xxx (where xxx is the number of the WeMo Binding, which you can get by bundle:list)

Will need some more time to track this down to the root cause.

Any updates on this? I’m experiencing this as well.

Any further info on this? I just tried it again and am hitting the exact same issue as before with beta 4.

No further info on this, as I can not reproduce the behaviour.
My openHab2 test environment is up and running since 2016-10-09 10:43am and the last WeMo updates were logged at 10:28am today, when I was checking.

Crazy… I just installed beta 4 again. Devices work great then I restart openhab. power usage doesn’t update, state stays off even when the devices are already on and when the state changes after it’s running I get this in the error log:

22:09:42.753 [ERROR] [g.jupnp.protocol.sync.ReceivingEvent] - Invalid subscription ID, no active subscription: (IncomingEventRequestMessage) NOTIFY /upnpcallback/dev/Insight-1_0-22xxxxxx1033/svc/Belkin/insight1/event/cb SEQUENCE: 23

I really want to use this platform, not sure if this is something specific to me. I even eliminated the hue binding as well to see if that was causing problems with the above simple configuration/test.

Invalid subscription ID errors is a different issue that I am working on.

This is not a real Binding issue, it is a device issue.
Your WeMo device is for whatever reason not accepting a connection from the Binding. This can happen when you try to controll them from different sources at the same time.

Glad you could track this down to “your” root cause.