Wemo Emulation on Sonoff with Tasmota issue

I have successfully hacked 4 sonoff switches with tasmota hardware. Until I know more about using mqtt ( I am really newbie concerning this matter) I utilize them emulating wemo device. But after a day or two openhab seems to lose the link associated to them. The only solution I have found is deleting one the things and looking for it again ( I will automatize it at cron) so that openhab2 returns to recognize them all. This looks like a lack of refreshing some kind of link signal, but at the moment I do not know how to solve it. If anybody have any idea about this, please, write down in this topic or let know how where to find more about it. I am using UI Paper in Linux openHABianPi 4.14.79-v7+.

Try creating the Thing in a text file and see if that helps.

Seems that The devices change their Port after certain time which will be solved through rediscovery. I am aware of this issue and already trying to solve it.

Hi Victor, did you manage to get ir working?
I have the exact same issue… first day everything works like a charm
Then it looses its link and stops


I’m afraid I could not make it work smoothly, so I’m still waiting for a workaround, an update or learning how to use it through MQTT. Sorry if I cannot help you. Anyway, my version is still 2.3 and I think there’s a new version 2.4 in which a revision of that binding could have been done and solved that bug.
Kind regards.

Thanks for the reply! It’s seems I will have to learn and get it to work with mqtt too :wink:

Best bet is deleting and rediscovering, as Hans said.

Following this post does the trick. Mainly copying code and changing “zwave:device” for “wemo:socket”. I’ll run it every night so it continues working.
Easy workaround (fingers crossed, tested a couple of times)

Hello Hans,

did you ever manage to solve this one ?

Thanks !

Sorry, will not be able to provide an update in short time. In the meantime, you could try the following:
When WeMo devices become unresponsive, trigger a scan for new WeMo devices in PaperUI.
This should update existing devices.
Please post here if this works, we then can create a workaround.

The workaround I found is to delete the the Sonoff Thing and have it re-detected. Just running detection is not enough, it has to be deleted first. But it seems like it has to be done every day or two.

Sorry, as you are using a SONOFF device with WeMo emulation, I cannot really help you. Don’t know how the emulation works, so will not be able to debug this.

I would recommend using SONOFF devices with MQTT, which is working like a charm.