WeMo LED brightness won't stay on 0%

Hi,

I’m using openHAB with the WeMo binding and HomeKit add-on to control my WeMo LED bulbs and everything is working fine except for the “brightness” status. If I tap the widget in the Apple Home app to turn the light off, it does so but within a few seconds it will update saying that the brightness is 100% (note: the light stays off). So, I tried adjusting the slider via the Paper UI Contol page, sliding it down to 0%. After a few seconds it changed to 2% - but the light stayed off. So, again, via Paper UI, I slid it up to 55% and turned it off using my iPhone (via HomeKit). After a few second it jumped up to 54%. Just wondering if this is a bug or if there is something I’ve messed up in my set up - not sure where to start looking though. Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,

Patrick

WeMo LED control has two channels, state and brightness.
State channel can switch the LED on/off, without changing the stored brightness. Same like in the WeMo app.
Brightness channel changes the brightness, where 0% would switch the LED off.

Hi,

Ah, thanks for the clarification - I wondered if the two channels were essentially independent. However, I’m still curious as to why the brightness value changes after a few seconds when I don’t actually interact with any of the controls. Do you know if there is any sort of trace I can run to see what is triggering the change in brightness value?

Thanks,

Patrick

Shure, set the loglevel to TRACE for the WeMoBinding.
Your experience might be related to rounding the values.
WeMo LEDs have 255 steps for brightness, which are recalculated to percentage. But this should give a difference of +/- 1% only.