What can trigger the openHAB uuid and secret to change?

For some reason, myopenhab was showing my openHAB instance as offline. A check of the logs was also showing an issue with the connection to openHAB. I checked the uuid and secret values, and they had changed. I was not aware of doing anything to cause them to be changed. I updated the values in myopenhab, and my openHAB instance is now back online. What could trigger this?

If you delete and reinstall the cloud connector binding the values get changed.

Thank you. I did that yesterday when I was cleaning up some stuff, but I expected it then. It was working fine from yesterday until just a little while ago when they seem to have changed on their own. Are there any other events that could cause them to change?

Check in /var/lib/openhab2/uuid that only one ID is being used and it’s correct. Then stop OH and clean the cache.

sudo systemctl stop openhab2

sudo openhab-cli clean-cache

sudo systemctl start openhab2

Thank you. There is only one uuid in use. I followed the other steps also. So far, everything has been okay since yesterday. It is good to know how to clean the cache anyway so I am putting that info into my openHAB notes.

If it happens again I would uninstall the cloud connector binding, delete the UUID from /var/lib/openhab2/uuid, and clean the cache like in the steps above. This time I would reboot instead of restarting OH by using sudo reboot instead of sudo systemctl start openhab2. After all is up and running then reinstall the cloud connector binding. You should have a new UUID in the file so check to be sure. Also note the secret UUID will not change, or should not change, you can verify it to make sure.

If you start having weird issues with OH it’s one of the first steps to take.:wink:

i had to reinstall the myopenhab and thus obtain a new uuid and secret. Would it still be possible to used the same email account to log it? is there anywhere to “reset” that portion?

Thank you!

I believe so. After logging in to your account you will need to remove the old UUID and replace with the new one.