What did you build/automated today (with pictures)?

Add InfluxDB+Grafana persistence to my openhab tonight. :grin: Working good with weather. Have made another one for solar. Also 2 esp 32 came today in the post.

2 Likes

No sensors per se, in essence the arduino is measuring resistance between two pins (imagine as if pins are extended by the ribbon tape (i think this is 2m long arduino camera ribbon tape, f.eks. New 50cm Ribbon FPC 15 Pin 1.0mm Pitch Flat Cable For Raspberry Pi Camera | eBay)) and every two minutes sends the state to the MySensors controller->mqtt->openhab (it actually sends the state only if resistance is low enough to save battery). You can read more about the code (that I borrowed) and other technical details on mysensors forum Water leakage sensor using thin ribbon cable (testing reliability) | MySensors Forum

1 Like

I have a great anecdotal water leak story… Our laundry room is on the second floor. While we out of the house the clothes washer over filled with water and the door opened. This set off the water alarm and automatically closed the water main into the house. Great! BUT the water leaked through the floor in to the ceiling and which filled a smoked detector with water. This cause the security system to short out. The valve on the water main is a normally open valve, so when the security system died, the water main reopened and wow did that flood the house… Best laid plans :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hello Jürgen, nice graph. What are your plans to use the smart features of Viessmann? Are you e.g. able to record the energy consumption?

1 Like

Ooops!

2 Likes

Please look Here.

1 Like

I’m now finished with my SVG-Habpanel UI.
All Lights are clickable. The doors, fans, the garage door and the shutters are animated.

Next step is to build the garden and mount a tablet on a wall to show everybody^^

10 Likes

Still learning but so far so good with lots of help on this forum thank you guys.

2 Likes

Oh also have 2 Google homes.
P.S will like to add some things like a scene -movies that will check if the projector on and check if the hifi is on and turn all the lights off but one with a light blue.

1 Like

looks nice, if I may suggest adding one of most relevant data on the top level, you might like it even more.
F.eks.
Solar (2.625 MWh)
Weather (21.0C)
TV Remote (ON/OFF)
Sprinker (ON/OFF)

2 Likes

That’s a good ider can you point me to the direction were I add something into my item files ?or my site files? To add this feature

1 Like

Hi can i get details :slight_smile:
is this browser based?

how can i do that?

so many things i see here i want to implament ,but so litle time :frowning:

3 Likes

I don’t have sitemap available to check it right now, but if I remember correctly, you should be able to add item=Livingroom_Temperature to the frame itself. It might be that it is not officially supported and thus not available on all UIs, but I am pretty sure I have a item value on a custom frame with some subitems, like you have.

2 Likes

Will have a play in the next hour. Thanks

1 Like

No this is the phone app. It is the same as the sitemap for basicUI and classicUI

https://www.openhab.org/docs/tutorial/sitemap.html
https://www.openhab.org/docs/configuration/sitemaps.html

Don’t rush into things. Take one little project at a time. Read the docs. Understand how it works before moving on to the next one. Make back ups try things. It’s only software, you can’t really break things. If the software (rules/sitemaps…) doesn’t work, read the docs again. And again. Look in the forum. Your problem has probably been answered before.

Make time. Plan it. If you are serious about a hobby, work or any other thing you will find time.

6 Likes

Hmm, thats a tough one…
My problem is, I´m serious about most stuff, which leads to lack of time… Since I cant change time, I guess I have to change my seriousness about most stuff :laughing:

2 Likes

Hi vince dident get you … i was replying to VradattaEric Zenz-Matzl

and hi did some SVG habpaneel

and you give me docs of site map what did i miss?

1 Like

Sorry I though you were replying to @adtwomey couple of posts above

What you are looking for is:

3 Likes

thanks man !
you had me thinking i missed an entire part of the OH docs hhhh

yes this is what i was looking for ,cheers!

1 Like

Nice add on thanks guys. had to change from using groups in sitemaps but it worked at the end thank you for your help.

1 Like