What have you done with your Plex binding?

There seem to be more people with this issue, might be a problem with the format of the websocket message that differs between versions (that’s what used to update the state/title/type properties). What version of the Plex Media Server are you using? Could you turn on debug logging and look for the Server found, version xx, api level xx message, as well as something like Message received: .. ?

I migrated from OH1 to OH2. Now these items are getting updated :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, some other bindings don’t work such seamless, so I need to stick at OH1 for a while.

Hi, do you have the rules for setting the lamp to dim etc when playing and brighten up again when paused?
Thanks.

That’s exactly the example that’s given on the wiki: https://github.com/openhab/openhab1-addons/wiki/Plex-Binding

I tried that, but didn’t work. Then I got rid of this stuff at the top and now it’s working:

import org.eclipse.xtext.xbase.lib.*

val Functions$Function1 dimLiving = [ int dimlevel | 
	var boolean scene = (Scene_Living.state == 11); 

// Only dim lights when a certain scene is selected
    if(scene) {
		sendCommand(Lamp_Living_Small, dimlevel)
		sendCommand(Lamp_Living_Floor, dimlevel)
	}
]

I don’t know what that bit means, even if I got rid of the part where it said // Only dim lights when a certain scene is selected.

That’s just a function to make the script a bit more reusable. You can indeed just remove it and dim your lights directly in the two rules.