What should I do/Buy to make my own SmartHome?!

Hi,
Im new to openHAB and have some questions!

I want to make my own smart home but the problem is most of works that I want to do is supported by different brands!
Normally INSTEON can do all of them but it is so limited in EU :frowning: so I should go with multiBrand!
So I have a Plan to buy from this brands/Technologies :

Insteon and/or
HomeMatic and/or
Z-Wave and/or
InterTechno and/or
etc…

So what type of hardware should I buy to use all/some of these brands with openHAB! also there is a Gateway that support most of these things (Mediola) can I use that gateway with openHAB ?

Thanks a lot :slightly_smiling:

My advice is to start small with a couple of switches and gradually build up your home automation. Pick the cheapest technology that does what you want for a given automation and is supported by OH. You will end up with multiple technologies but that is what OH was created for.

OH does work with a few hubs but it is really intended to be the hub and it mainly supports hubs which work with technologies it can’t handle natively such as Phillips Hue.

so I’ve just bought some InterTechno ITL-1000 and installed it! with its own Remote control its ok!
So I need to know which device/Hub/Controller/Gateway should I buy to work it with OpenHab ?
Also I have a plan to add some FS20 devices in future!
I know i Should buy some CUL device and install CULFW on it! but I don’t know which controller can send to FS20 and Intertechno and some other Wireless devices at the same time :frowning:
Also I need to know which technology working better with CUL FS20 or InterTechno!