What tasks do you automate with Tasker?

I see. I was wondering why it appears in the profile configuration under State contexts (attached screenshot) . I tested and you’re right nothing has happened.

Is there a plan to use the items update as a trigger in Tasker.

Currently not.

Hello,
How can I transmit a variable to an openhab string ?
When I try “custom”, %var is transmited to my OH server.

Currently that’s not possible.

I use it for my morning alarm. I use Sleep As Android for sleep tracking and alarm and its tasker integration to send a command to openhab an hour before the alarm starts to slowly turn on the lights and radio, and when i dismiss the alarm it also sends a command to turn on some other things

1 Like

Do you think you will implement it in future ?

I can’t tell that for sure. I want to focus on a few other things to implement and I’m not sure about the license. We would need to use Tasker Protocol Extensions, which can be added to an app by adding a java file to the source code. This java file lacks of any license, so I doubt it would be legal to include it in the app.

https://tasker.joaoapps.com/plugins.html

Variables are now supported.

5 Likes

Thank you !

Works fine with variable. Good job !

I tried %BATT now with the current beta app and a custom configured Item but i still get:

Item 'Phone_Jerome_Batterie' received command %BATT

Am i doing something wrong?

You have to create a new rule after updating OpenHab Beta.

Did you create the action after updating to 2.10.7-beta?

Play Store says 2.10.8-beta, but the app says 2.6.21-beta.

I will uninstall and reinstall completely.

EDIT:

And here we go.
Works like a charme. Seems that the play store update didn’t work.

I dont see a ‘next alarm set’ event. Am i missing something?

I use the smart period action for getting an event before the actual alarm goes off.

See:

Ah yes, I was afraid so. I dont always have a stable connection between my phone and OpenHab so I prefer setting the alarm upfront instead of being dependent on an event while I’m sleeping;) Then I will keep using the Alarm option in Openhab Android app, but that mostly requires Openhab app to be opened before my alarm is set for it to work (maybe Huawei battery restriction or something)

… i know that feeling. This will be the first and last Huawei for me.
I am tired of removing battery optimization settings in ten places to keep my phone running like i want to.

myopenhab is no (at least temporary) option?

This might help you: Huawei | Don’t kill my app!
The openHAB app will be waken up by an Android broadcast, at least if Huawei didn’t change something.

1 Like

I have a self hosted myopenhab instance but that won’t solve my issue right? If my phone deep sleeps and misses the event or my connection is flaky at that moment, i won’t be able to update the item in Openhab.

I love my Huawei, it lasts twice as long on the battery as my precious S10 but I agree with you regarding the ten places you have to disable battery saving settings :frowning: