I have Openhab 2.5 (Upgraded 2.4) running on RPi 3B with Stretch.
I think upgrading to Buster with fresh 2.5 (Don’t know why actually, everything works :))
but I need advice what method I should take:
- None, keep the Stretch and upgraded.
- OpenHabian Buster with fresh 2.5
- Raspberrian with Dockers + Clean 2.5 docker
What do you guys prefer ?
I think if your system is running fine, stay with Stretch. It is still supported for a while. Otherwise option 2 makes sense.
I personally would shy away from running Docker because the Pi has very limited RAM anyway.
I have my system mounted to SSD to avoid SD card wear.
In case I’ll go with fresh install and import backup, Is this the right process ?
- Backup --full
- Install openhabian on seperate SD card (Other RPi as well)
- Import backup
- make sure everything is working fine
- format SSD and move system again there from scratch
Sound legit ?
It sounds good to me.
I am lazy and have just copied configuration portions between systems. perhaps taking the opportunity to delete unused portions and simplify others.