Where do I see the version I'm running?

Hi all

As written in the title:
How can I see which version of OH I’m running right now? Is it 2.0 beta 1? Or already beta 2? Is there a version number visible within OH to see that?

Cheers
donato

Well, the version is shown right at startup:

Launching the openHAB runtime...

__  _____    ____      
  ____  ____  ___  ____  / / / /   |  / __ )     
 / __ \/ __ \/ _ \/ __ \/ /_/ / /| | / __  | 
/ /_/ / /_/ /  __/ / / / __  / ___ |/ /_/ /      
\____/ .___/\___/_/ /_/_/ /_/_/  |_/_____/     
    /_/                        2.0.0-SNAPSHOT

For the moment, the distro will always be 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT (unless you use a b1 or b2 download).
Since the distro only aggregates bundles from different places (and the online distro will use the latest available version on the first launch), you can check the specific version of installed bundles through

bundle:list -s | grep openhab

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Yes. Works for me…
Thanks for clarification!

A related question:
Is there a way to get the version from the REST api?
openhab-distro/openhab-core or which one is used for versioning?

1 Like

If you do a call to http://localhost:8080/rest/, you will see a version like {"version":"0.8.0.201604221705"....
This is the version of the used ESH build, since the REST API is defined there.
You cannot retrieve the OH build number or anything like that through REST, though.

1 Like

Thanks for the information, I was thinking of adding support for OH2 in the info page in Habmin, but maybe it is not possible to figure out the correct OH2 version? For openHAB 1 it fetches the information from /static/version.
The page does not add that much of value fort the user, so I guess it is not that important.

I have two version of Openhab on two different Pine64 running.
when I run Ip adres http://ip adres:8080/rest/

One gives back
0.9.0.b4
The other gives back
0.9.0.b1

I had the idea that the one running 0.9.0.b4 was the release of 2.0
Now I think it was only Beta 4.

Is there a page that show us what version are related to what?

Simply check the content of the file userdata/etc/version.properties and you will have all details! The REST API version is the same as the “smarthome” one as the REST API is part of ESH.

1 Like

this files shows me the different versions installed. Thanks that helps.
The version page I was asking about was something different. I was looking for a kind of history page of al the different versions`. Now I understand that might be more complex (aka more pages then just one)

Thank you, your answer has helped me explore a problem I have with one of the bindings.