Where do my mouseclicks go?

I have a raspbian raspberry pi 2 that I loaded openhab upon last week via apt-get. After some experimentation and research, I was able to get a sitemap and items file to launch and exec Switch commands to my rooted wink hub. I could see in the openhab.log file my clicks and the command that was being run. I felt I was well on my way to openhab guruism…
Then it stopped.
Now I don’t see my clicks being logged any more. The automation isn’t happening, however the swich and light bulb icons are reacting on the web page.
Where should I begin troubleshooting such a problem?

Check your events.log to see if your interactions with the UI are making it to openHAB and being registered. Check openhab.log for errors.

Do the problems persist when you restart?

Does the Wink Hub work if you interact with it directly, bypassing openHAB?

Yes, I can see the actions being received in the events.log.

No errors in the openhab.log. In fact I see virtually nothing happening in the log after it starts and stabilizes. Here’s openhab startup log entries (timestamps removed)…
[INFO ] [.o.core.internal.CoreActivator] - openHAB runtime has been started (v1.7.1).
[INFO ] [o.o.i.s.i.DiscoveryServiceImpl] - mDNS service has been started
[INFO ] [o.o.i.s.i.DiscoveryServiceImpl] - Service Discovery initialization completed.
[INFO ] [penhab.io.rest.RESTApplication] - Started REST API at /rest
[INFO ] [.o.u.w.i.servlet.WebAppServlet] - Started Classic UI at /openhab.app
[INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘home.sitemap’
[INFO ] [c.internal.ModelRepositoryImpl] - Loading model ‘home.items’

There will be no log activity after that except when I modify my items or sitemap file–then I see a model load or refresh statement.

The problem persists after openhab restart and even raspbian restart.

I can type in the ssh command to control the lamps on the pi command line and the lamps respond as expected.

Change logging from INFO to DEBUG in logback.xml to see if any other information can be logged.

Ok, I did that.
When I click a switch, I see this line appear in the log…

[DEBUG] [.io.net.http.SecureHttpContext] - security is disabled - processing aborted!

I don’t think that’s related (but I could be wrong).

Which openHAB release are you running? Have you made any OS changes/updates lately? Any changes to the tools that execCommandLine would be using?

Apparently the exec binding file was damaged. After replacing it, the thing is working again and the security is disabled message is replaced by executed commandLine 'ssh …

Thanks for the help