Where is the Basic UI sitemap HTML output being generated?

No one? :cry:

I’m not entirely sure, but I beleive these are the source files:

If I read it correctly, the html is dynamically created by javascript when the sitemap is loaded, so there are no html source files. And (with my very limited js skills) i guess jquery might have issues interacting with elements that are generated after jquery itself is loaded. But I might also be completely out in the blue :wink:

You probably read the js/scss-files better than I do, so have a look if you haven’t already.

And sorry if my post turns out to be completely useless :wink:

Hi pacive,

Thanks for your input. But generally speaking, the injection of own HTML and jQuery works already, as i have posted in the previous text and screenshots.

The occurring problems are just some fine adjustment i can not work out myself. Also some jQuery issues, some capable guy here in the community might help me with.

No code, No help.

WeTransfer link posted 5 days ago :wink:

Hi djmg_uli,

i just had a look at your screenshot, that ui looks really nice! Are the changes also reflected in the normal ui elements? I think they look much more modern than the current state of the ui.

Cheers

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

What do you mean by “normal UI elements”?

I found the reason, why all the jQuery injections do not work on “sub-pages”:
It’s because the webviewelement “iframe” is not being embedded there from openHAB! :triumph:

So none of the custom html-code is being loaded, thus not working at all. The .css is being cached from the browser thats why it seems to be loading correctly from first sight, but in real, it is not.

Any ideas?
No chance to embed one single .js file into the original parent HTML head all the time?
Or change the existing “smarthome.js” which openHAB provides? (by just adding one more line to add one custom .js file)

1 Like

Of course. But you would need to work with Github, and have your work reviewed. Don’t forget the sitemap based web needs to work with other UIs as well.

1 Like

Sounds like a longer procedure (additional to the issue that i dont have any Github experience, deeper development knowledge etc.). Maybe that’s the point where someone could assist at least (personally)…

Which is complicating things even more. Maybe we could set a tag/marker, that just the BasicUI should be affected.

If you want a crash course in git/github I am glad to help :slight_smile:

Unfortunately there has to be some common ground, tools and oversight with a collaborative project.

No idea. For all I know, the various UIs get served very different packages. It’s up to you to find out what else such changes might impact.

I will keep going with the jQuery injection solution and even found a workaround for the subpage-issue. I made groups which i can expand and collaps, instead of navigating “inside” it.

For my project it is working so far and i am happy with it. I will post screenshots/videos soon.
Maybe i will also add some side-swipe navigation to have a perfect mobile feeling :star_struck:

Just one single question left:
Sliders. Where is this single knob being stiled in CSS?
I don’t find it ! Has anyone touched it already?
Anmerkung 2020-03-10 101127

HTML:

1 Like

No one? :zipper_mouth_face: