Where to place jar file for weatherflow binding

I am running Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) on a Rasp Pi 3B+. I have openHAB 2.5.0 release build.
I would like to install the weatherflow jar file but I do not know the correct location. From the reading I have done it needs to be put in the addons folder, and upon restart it should install. I am accessing my Pi on my win10 computer using the samba shares, and a search shows many addons folder options, some with subfolders such as bundles which contain eventually show some installed bindings jar and sha1 files.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Tom

Check through karaf it your manually installed addon is active:

Manually installed addons won’t show up in your Addons tab on PaperUI or HABmin.

2 Likes

I recommend reading the links posted by sihui to get a full understanding of OH. :wink:

The short answer is:

You place the jar file in usr/share/openhab2/addons

Thank you both for the prompt replies, and links - and ‘subtle’ reminders of the readily available and informative documentation. Please know that before posting my question I had read over all the documents referenced, as well as the forum posts and have been for years. I decided to keep my question simple, and not provide my research journey, because none of my many attempts had been working. I just switched over to a new install on a Pi with an SSD, and did not want to ruin the ‘pristine’ setup with a lot of trial and error. Also, the folders and their contents looked very different from my previous setup - the user/share/ openHAB2/ addons folder for example had many of my added bindings files in the previous setup, but my new setup only had a read me file - and I thought by asking the simplest of questions I could confirm my next step.

As it turns out, adding the jar file did work this time in this new setup - still not sure why in the last it did not - perhaps I tried to follow too many suggestions from too many posts.

Thank you again.

Tom