Where/what to put nest config?

I’m trying out the new official openhab2 docker…

In the docker, I have /openhab/conf/services/nest.cfg:

refresh=60000
client_id=something
client_secret=something
pin_code=something

I also have an entry in /openhab/conf/services/addons.cfg:

binding = myq,http,nest,ntp,xbmc

But it looks like it’s not loading the config… The log is full of:

2016-05-31 21:33:20.958 [ERROR] [ab.binding.nest.internal.NestBinding] - Error retrieving access token: AccessTokenResponse[accessToken=<null>,expiresIn=<null>,error=oauth2_error,errorDescription=authorization code not found]'

If I update nest config values through the paperUI, I can’t find where it saves them…

If not already you could try to add the thing through a .things file instead of auto discovery?

Depending how current you are, I’m 2.0 Beta3, I found that the Nest config in the Paper UI -> Configuration -> Bindings -> Nest Configure is probably the best place now. Refresh of 60000, and Timeout of 10000, then your personal keys and pin should work. Yesterday Nest appeared to be down for a while if you were testing then.

I am using 2.0 Beta 3 but I can’t seem to figure out where to put the info. I went to Paper UI > Config > Bindings > Nest Configure and entered refresh, time out, personal keys and pin and it doesn’t seem to still find my nest. Any suggestions? i have openhab running on a QNAP right now (I think my raspberry pi 3 comes in the mail today so then will try to move it over to the pi)

What do your item definitions in your .items file look like?

there is no items file currently. I am running OpenHab2 if that matters.

Since the Nest be binding is currently a 1.x binding, you will have to define items as described in the Nest binding wiki page.

Got it Working! Thanks! it took me forever to figure out just general openhab configs but now its working great!

Question - the timing is displayed as 2016-08-13T17:37:31.900Z

How would I get it to display the time with the current time zone -> i.e 1:37 pm

Thanks!

Vik

Format a DateTime item like this using this formatting syntax:

DateTime NestTStatUpstairs_last_connection "Last Connection [%1$tl:%1$tM %1$tp]" <calendar> {nest="<[thermostats(Upstairs).last_connection]"}

that did not seem to work. My current line is:

DateTime NestCamXXXLastEventStartTime “CamLastEventStartTime [%1$tm/%1$td %1$tH:%1$tM]” {nest="<[cameras(xxx).last_event.start_time]"}

When I updated it to what you said above (modifications for my cam names) It doesn’t not output anything.

DateTime NestCamXXXLastEventStartTime “CamLastEventStartTime [%1$tm/%1$td %1$tH:%1$tM]” {nest="<[cameras(xxx).last_event.start_time]"}

Error log says:

19:06:45.567 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve visibility item home_away for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
19:06:45.588 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve visibility item home_away for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
19:06:45.614 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item ‘NestCamXXXLastEventStartTime’ for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
19:06:45.618 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
19:06:45.622 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
19:06:45.625 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item ‘NestCamXXXLastEventStartTime’ for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text
19:06:45.628 [ERROR] [ui.internal.items.ItemUIRegistryImpl] - Cannot retrieve item ‘NestCamXXXLastEventStartTime’ for widget org.eclipse.smarthome.model.sitemap.Text

Hi Vik,

All of those log messages suggest errors in your items and sitemap files, and are not related to the Nest binding. Please read over the items and sitemaps pages on the wiki and see if you can find what the errors might be. Best of luck!