Which branch in openhab-docs?

I want to create a pull request to update the docs, but I’m not sure which branch to fork off

• 2.1-patch
  • 2.2-patch
  • gh-pages
  • structure

??

gh-pages is the one to choose.
Please pay attention to the contribution guideline (especially the sign-off)

If there are additional questions, feel free to mention me here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Confectrician: Thanks for you reply. However, I seem unable to proceed with the docs. After I’ve made the amendments, I noticed there is a line saying “Attention authors: Do not edit directly. Please add your changes to the appropriate source repository”, but I’m not sure what this means. I haven’t seen any docs in the source projects. I edit the md files - is that correct or not? I seem not to be able to push the changes to a pull request, and I’m not sure if this is because my pull request is wrong because at the wrong place?

Then you are trying to improve some docs that are generated automatically from time time.

Can you tell me what you are trying to improve?
Probably a special binding?

If i know what you want to improve i can point you to the right place/repository. :slight_smile:

I’d like to update the HomeKit docs with more details about the configuration properties and their default values.
See https://github.com/openhab/openhab2-addons/pull/3332 for background info.

You answered it nearly by yourself. :slight_smile:
Binding Configuration is grabbed automatically from time to time from the corresponding Readme.md files.
Since homekit is a openhab 2 io binding, we can fin the correct readme file in the openhab2-addons repo.

Url:

So here’s the workflow to improve this:

• Fork openhab2-adons master
  • Create a new branch
  • Improve the readme file
  • File a pull request to openhab2-addons repo
  • When your changes get merged, the docs will be updated for this, with the next run of our update script for bindings/external contents.

Thank you so much! I had searched for the docs there, but obviously not in the right location or just overlooked it! Though it makes sense to have the docs where the source is, of course!

1 Like

You’re welcome. :slight_smile: