Which hardware for roller shutters?

Hey sihui.

I ve got 5 of the fibaro roller shutter. all of them have to be configuratet as a toggle Switch. I only could configurate two of them as toggle Switch. the other 3 dont save the configuration. if i save it, theres is written Thing updatet and a few seond of this the error 404 appears. i allready rebootetd my rpi3 and the Switches. do you have got any ideas?

If two of them work and three don’t, I guess you must have configured them differently.
Or the three non working devices have a different firmware version and they are not yet in the database (but I doubt that).

Check the things “Attributes” if they are all the same (Type, ID and firmware version). That can be done via HABmin, select the Thing, on the right hand side take a look at “Attributes”.

Thank you for your answer,
I could find and handle all five of them. Just the configuration as a toggle Switch wasn’t acceptet at all of the Roller shutters. Now I was abble to configurate 4 of them as a toggle switch. Just the only one doesnt accept the configuration.
I checked the hide properties of this Roller shutter and I saw that:
zwave_frequent false
I canceled and resetet the Roller shutter allready but still the same…

What do you mean by that?
Where did you find that?
What device is it (manufacturer, model number)?

Under the configuration for the Roller shutter in paper ui is a Button called hidden properties. Normally there has to stay true as at the other shutters

Ahh, okay … never seen that before, BUT: that are the same information as you can see in HABmin under “Attributes” :slight_smile:

PaperUI:

HABmin:

So, zwave_frequent false means: the device is not frequently listening. Means: it is always listening (see the grean checkmark for “Listening”).

I would recommend to work with HABmin, because that UI is specifically designed to configure zwave devices. And as you can see it is a lot more easy to read.

So zwave_frequent false is NOT the cause of your problem …

Ah okay… when i scan the actor, it brings me for example 3x rollershutter 3, 2x rollershuter 4, 4x node7… Not only one device… the other ones didnt do this

???
Could you post a screenshot?

Hi David,
I understand you kept the original switches (that looks like toggle switches). How did you configure the Fibaro finally? Do you have a detailed description of what you finally did?
Thanks!

Also, side question with the toggle switch. Let’s say, I use the wall switch to move the shutter up.
Then, somebody else in the house, using openhab tries to move then down. How is the conflict managed?
Also, thanks for your help!